PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial] Making Custom Signs [Game Objects]

hackah
23-01-09, 12:09 PM
CREDITS TO:
Hackah from AC WEB for updating the guide and making necessary changes.
Medzii from ******* for original tutorial.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

Well guys, It's time for some contribution to the site. I've used the search button before posting this. If you do find another tutorial this, tell me the whereabouts and go ahead and flame away. *Flame Shield* Up.

Step 1.
The object, my sign, for the sake of this tutorial, is going to be the "Aldor/Scryers" bank sign. Display ID for this object is: 7096 (Tip: To find out the display ID, you must first target your object - ".Go TARGET" for Ascent and then ".Go INFO" ---I am sorry, I don't know the commands for MaNGOS)

Step 2.
Go into your database with Navicat, HediSQL or MySQL Query Browser, etc. Then go to the table = "Gameobject_Names". Different repacks will vary in which database it is located inside.

Step 3.
Now we will create your sign.
Entry: ID for the sign to spawn mine will be 70024 when I do this.
Type: 1 Because it is a sign.
DisplayID: 7096 .This is how it will looks like.
Name: This is the step where you type what the sign shall say, for example: "No PvP in mall" or "Good Luck". It's up to you.
Spell Focus: 1 I am not quite sure if it is needed, but mine is based on a in-game sign.
Sound: 0

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1192/goodluckfc5.jpg

Good Luck. Post any questions if you have and I'll gladly answer them.

~Hackah

enegue
24-01-09, 08:08 AM
Good guide. This is just the basic one though. There's a way to make more advanced signs. I'll make a tutorial on that soon.