PDA

View Full Version : mmopro repack password?

zrtapon
06-02-09, 10:30 AM
hi, I'm extremely noobish when it comes to server hosting.

but i downloaded the mmopro repack to host my own local server just to toy around, explore places and play god.

anyway, I've followed the instructions in the readme, but I get one error.
the navicat connection says:

username: root
host: localhost
password: ascent

I submitted the password "ascent" about 10 times over to make sure there were no typos. but I've come to the conclusion that it's the wrong password for some reason :(

does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or if the password's changed or whatever?

Tsquared
06-02-09, 11:07 AM
did u try the password as root as well or admin if not then test the connection to even see if its up because that could also be a problem. Also have u run the MySQL file to actually start the server to connect to using Navicat?

Avidgamer
06-02-09, 11:10 AM
Well, it will depend on what you choose as a password when you installed MySQL.

Tsquared
06-02-09, 11:12 AM
Yes as Avidgamer stated it would but i think if its the repack its a default set password because you don't have to install MySQL yourself. But im not sure

zrtapon
06-02-09, 11:20 AM
okey, I tried some different stuff, including "admin" and "root" as passwords. none of them worked. I also tried to reconfigure mysql, including changing the password to "ascent". what happens is, every step work until "Apply security settings", when the program goes processing for a while until an error message occurs. this error message is the same as in navicat, it says: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) the port is open, i'm admin etc. so nothing wrong there afaik. any suggestions?

zrtapon
06-02-09, 11:22 AM
btw, in case it means anything at all, i've tried reinstalling both navicat and mysql, and i'm using vista 32. i'm veeeery noob at all of this :D

Tsquared
06-02-09, 11:32 AM
hmmm here is where i cant help anymore because im using XP and i think vista may have something to do with it.

Dr. Emu
06-02-09, 02:59 PM
I did got a similar problem, i suggest you download a mySQL that is in a repack, or use like "WAMP" or "XAMPP" , couse they got custom MySQl's , so you only have to install them. Then run them as normal. Couse they are easy to use in windows vista. As i am running vista to, i did got the exact same problem, i fixed it but you will have to download reshacker and edit the source of the MySQL installation. But try using WAMP or XAMPP as your repack mySQL.

Avidgamer
06-02-09, 03:02 PM
I have had the same problem as him, but it worked perfectly when I uninstall Mysql and then Re-Install it. Set the Password to whatever I think off, and it works.

I do suggest Re-installing when you get the Message that your denied access. Or get the right password, which in most cases, with repacks will be pre-set in the Config files.

Blindguard
07-02-09, 06:08 AM
Is the problem solved lad? Otherwise PM me please.

zrtapon
07-02-09, 07:04 AM
thanks for the suggestions, gonna try reinstalling it first and then see if the other version works. will update this thread as i progress :p

zrtapon
07-02-09, 07:29 AM
okay, i'm totally lost.
reinstalling it (from version 5.0 to version 5.1) didn't help, same error as before.
i downloaded WAMPserver 2.0 but all it does is show an icon in the tray and i can't even launch mysql from it. in fact, i've no idea what that program even does.

anyway, why does that message keep appearing whatever i do? even if i reinstall/remove navicat it's still there.
here is what happens when i try to open the connection from navicat:

1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

if i clear the field with the password, logically the YES turns into NO.

maybe it's no point because i don't even understand what i'm doing...

btw, if anyone has an idea on other program please provide link, and a brief explanation :D

thanks,

Avidgamer
07-02-09, 07:32 AM
Well, the only reason is you've got the wrong password. Try downloading another Repack, and DO NOT change the config files until you can login (As it's usally pre-set for the correct database)

zrtapon
07-02-09, 07:47 AM
this is my 2nd edit to the same post, as I've managed to work out some of my problems by myself /flex

anyway, right now, i'm only one step away from going godmode in azeroth.

when i create a character, enter name and such, and press accept, i get disconnected.. any ideas?

Blindguard
07-02-09, 11:14 AM
The login is down or wrong configured I'd say.

zrtapon
07-02-09, 11:33 AM
The login is down or wrong configured I'd say.
i'm not sure what you're referring to, but do you have ideas how to solve my latest problem with getting disconnects when creating a character?

Avidgamer
07-02-09, 11:49 AM
Well, if your totally stuck, I could try Configure it for you Via TeamViewer or another way, if you want.

zrtapon
07-02-09, 12:00 PM
Well, if your totally stuck, I could try Configure it for you Via TeamViewer or another way, if you want.
not really sure what that is tbh? :D

edit: just googled it. would you mind doing it over the similar msn messenger service instead?

u can msg me your msn address if you want to and i'll add you, i can't write pm yet due to forum rules :)

Avidgamer
07-02-09, 12:14 PM
Not my computer Im on atm, will be back at mine on Sunday. So I can't Install MSN, TeamViewer is alot better when doing that than MSN - As I can manually do it, instead of you sending me the file, me editing it, you sending it back etc.

Alot faster aswell.

zrtapon
07-02-09, 12:18 PM
i've downloaded teamviewer, it says:
ID: 204 216 159
PW: 2616 (updated)

Avidgamer
07-02-09, 01:23 PM
Okay, I'll do it in a min.

Avidgamer
07-02-09, 01:29 PM
Now it says "The password you have entered is not valid!"

zrtapon
07-02-09, 01:32 PM
sorry, had to restart it and it generated a new one:

should work

Dr. Emu
07-02-09, 04:26 PM
Remember that you have to uninstall your last MySQL when using wampserver, and you need to open port 3306 & 80 for wamp to work, but only if you use a router.
But another solution is to use a free web mySQL hoster instead.

First of all make sure you opened the ports, and right click "Run as Administrator" first.

Avidgamer
07-02-09, 04:47 PM
He's trying a new Repack soon. He'll tell us then if it's sorted or not. :)