PDA

View Full Version : hosting wow realm

zrtapon
07-02-09, 08:13 PM
i've been trying the entire day to get a working wow server running only on my computer, no interest in hosting it online. however right now i'm just really annoyed because none of the repacks work for me.

i'm using vista 32, mysql 5.1, navicat 8.

mmopro repack worked up until the character creation process, when it immediately disconnected me.
i think part of the problem could be that mysql.bat isn't working at all. using it presents the following message (regardless of repack):

MySQL is starting with mysql\bin\my.cnf (console)
090208 3:14:30 [ERROR] Can't find messagefile '\XtreMe Pack Battleground\Server
\mysql\share\english\errmsg.sys'
090208 3:14:30 [ERROR] Aborting

MySQL could not be started

i'm very noob at all of this and that's pretty tough, but giving up now after spending several hours working on it and getting so close feels fail so that aint gonna happen.

could someone link me to a retard-friendly guide step by step (from absolute start til end) on how to host a realm, to see if i've done something fatally wrong.
alternatively, briefly explain it in this thread.

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 04:36 AM
First of all, have you installed your mysql correctly? Second, so you have tryed more repacks that one?
I can recommend you to compile your own repack, but there are many that don't know how to do that, i will release a guide soon.

First of all, try using like WAMP or XAMPP as your mySQL instead, and i guess you have opened all required ports right? if you got a router.

Now, Have you extracted the repack to C:\ ? If not, that can be a problem.
And it says it cannot find errmsg.sys , many users get that problem, my guess is that you haven't extracted the repack to C:\ , try that.

I have seen alot users get this problem when using the AC Repack.

If that dosen't work, do as above, try using another MYSQL , like WAMP or XAMPP.

Avidgamer
08-02-09, 06:55 AM
Don't you use the world.exe and logonserver.exe to launch your server? I've seen alot of people doing it that way and works perfectly.

But definetly seems like it's a problem with your computer, not the repacks.
When I first started crearting servers, took me about 1 week (No guides though) to get it all working, had many errors, had to work with them and eventually sort them, but in the end it is worth it.

So, don't worry if it's taking you a while when your new to this, it will. But once you've made one - two you'll be able to start them in minitues. :)

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 07:35 AM
Yes of course he uses world & logonserver, but that error above is generated by the MySQL Console.
Errors are made to fix^^

Avidgamer
08-02-09, 07:54 AM
Yes, I know, but some people use that little program that launches both of them at the same time, and the people I know that have used them get errors all the time. And I had the same Problem with Disconnections before aswell, I just used a new Repack and it worked - There is something wrong with MySQL (like Dr. Emu Said) - Either Uninstall MySQL / NAvicat and Re-install or I guess you'll need to find another way to fix the error.

zrtapon
08-02-09, 09:16 AM
i've found a new repack i'm using (X3 core, stickied on release forum), it's recently updated, has been working fine for me up until the login screen where i get
"Unable to validate game version.." error message.

kinda irritating, just replacing one error with another >.<

any help much appreciated!

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 09:38 AM
Where did you get the repack? Have you changed the flags of the account to 24? (If you run WOTLK)

Avidgamer
08-02-09, 10:09 AM
I got him to change the accepted clients (Was not on 9999) and once he did, it worked, but not it's stuck on the dreaded "Connecting"
And then the Realmlist loop

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 11:35 AM
That means either he hasen't opened the ports, or he has done the configs wrong.

Dr. Emu
09-02-09, 08:31 AM
zrtapon , have you found a solution yet? Is the problem fixed?