PDA

View Full Version : NPC Factions - Mall Guard Problem.

WoW-Plague
07-02-09, 10:53 PM
Alright, I assume you all know about the neutral town of Gadgetzan. Well as we all know the Gadgetzan guards there will attack any hostile player. So knowing that I went into my database and attempted to create myself some Mall Guards. I made sure that "creature_names" and "creature_proto" was correct and now if I was to spawn both the Gadgetzan guard and my Mall Guard and attack an opposing fraction. Only the Gadgetzan guard will attack me. My guard will just stand there like nothing is happening.

I have checked and rechecked the faction.. Gadgetzan is 475 ive even tried other ID's that people claim to be nuetral guards. I have even gone out of my way to making the exact same NPC with the same stats, ID's, and stats along with anything else that could make them almost exactly alike other then the name -.-.

So what am I missing here? Got any advice? Thanks..

If the top version is a long explaination and you want to get to the point. Basically I want a Mall Guard that will attack a player if it goes hostile to the opposing faction. Since Alliance and Horde will use the same mall I need this guard to be bug free.

runiker
07-02-09, 11:25 PM
This is doable via a c++ script in the files but due to the cpu usage it has not been added if i am correct that is what i was told when i was working on something like this for 2.3

WoW-Plague
07-02-09, 11:33 PM
Alright, It still does not make since that when you copy 1 npc exactly except for the name it does not do exactly what the original npc does but with a different name:(

There has to be some way.. If anybody knows a solution please PM me or post it here thanks:D

runiker
08-02-09, 12:05 AM
Alright let me explain a bit more why its not working and how to fix it even tho it will eat up your cpu like non other. First off like most scripts (guard is a script) it depends on the creatureid number. This is what the script looks for. Now to change or add more guards one would have to go into there core and modify things to get this to work but the amount of modifying it will not only eat up your cpu but would take sombody who knows alot about c++ and cores and alot of time to do

WoW-Plague
08-02-09, 12:12 AM
Hmm, Well I know a lot about C++ and I have a lot of time.. But, I don't know that much about cores and I would rather just change the name of the gadgetzan guards:D No biggie haha. By the way could you PM me your MSN you seem pretty cool would like to have ya as an MSN contact.

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 05:37 AM
You can also create a really nice Mall guard in LUA... I think someone already released a custom made lua mall guard, somewhere. Will try to find it and release it here then...:P