PDA

View Full Version : MMOPRO's own Emulator

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 12:20 PM
So i have been thinking, i think MMOPRO shall have a complete custom emulator, a own made. I can build it of course, just wondering what you guys think. I mean, is having a own emulator such a good idea? Will people flame? I mean , is it worth it?

Like MMOPRO's EMULATOR or something , i could manage to script a complete new one, and i would of course appriciate some help with that.
But before we go into that options, i would like to hear from your members , what do you think of MMOPRO having a own world of warcraft emulator?

Of course i cannot make the choice if we are going to have one or not, just want to know how many people that think this is a good idea.

If you vote on the poll , please reply with WHY you did choose that option.

Thanks!

Regards,

Dr. Emu

Avidgamer
08-02-09, 12:34 PM
I think it's a great idea, I'm backing you all the way. :)

secondary
08-02-09, 12:57 PM
Bad imo purley because if this is the Dr.Emu from ******* then he had to pay me a while ago to setup his repack. Also if you did make your own emu it would be based of ascent/aspire/arcemu so you may as well just join those teams to make there wow emu better than it already is. Unless you plan to make a new emu complete from scratch then GL to you.

Dr. Emu
08-02-09, 12:59 PM
Im not Dr. Emu from *******^^ , but i know who is... I loved the name of him so i just took it-.-
But thanks for your comment! Its 1 positive and 1 negative atm... We will wait and see.
And about that, i have already made a emulato with some other mates from the scratch, i could use mostly of the scripts of that one to save time...

StickyIcky
23-03-10, 10:09 PM
I undeleted this, if Dr Emu doesnt want to do it...

I can, Anyone?

Apple
23-03-10, 10:15 PM
I undeleted this, if Dr Emu doesnt want to do it...

I can, Anyone?

thats cool , but i don't think that many people will join

StickyIcky
23-03-10, 11:25 PM
So?

It'd mainly be for MMO Pro Repack, but also have the source available for whom that know how to compile.

Apple
24-03-10, 12:09 AM
So?

It'd mainly be for MMO Pro Repack, but also have the source available for whom that know how to compile.

awesome idea , it will help to increase our population too :)

StickyIcky
25-03-10, 01:33 AM
Anyone else have any feedback?

mag1212
25-03-10, 09:26 AM
we shouldnt have an whole emulator just for mmopro. it should just be arcemu for example with alot of fixes

Dimman
25-03-10, 11:59 AM
we shouldnt have an whole emulator just for mmopro. it should just be arcemu for example with alot of fixes

Arcemu ... its like choosing a non working car for a race lol

StickyIcky
25-03-10, 12:17 PM
It's going to be a arcemu fork...

But mmopro will have their own emulator. If the people vote for it.

Boxxy
25-03-10, 03:32 PM
Shit sounds cash at first but once you find out how hard it is to keep updating and fixing bugs etc it becomes more of a job then for fun, also this seems very similar to i don't know....the over 9000 other emulator "forks" that get started and then one month latter are never seen again.

StickyIcky
25-03-10, 05:34 PM
Eh, I already have my own fork off arcemu that I keep updated, shit, i don't even have a private server atm and i still keep it updated.

Boxxy
25-03-10, 06:20 PM
Eh, I already have my own fork off arcemu that I keep updated, shit, i don't even have a private server atm and i still keep it updated.

Awesome, however unless you have hundreds in donations (http://arcemu.org/) or are a group of huge legal fagz (http://getmangos.com/) then 99% of the time your emulator is going to fail or atleast fade off into the pits of tartarus (http://www.godofwar.com/).

StickyIcky
26-03-10, 01:21 AM
Lmao, Nah bro...

I don't want money...
This is just for learning and for fun.

Since i'm going to school for computer programming now.