PDA

View Full Version : Making Instances/dungeons public places

Jaroslav
11-02-09, 02:17 AM
is there any way to make any instance public, i mean, i want magisters terrace to be a new city like Shattrath.... is it possible to delete or ignore the instance triggers???

Avidgamer
11-02-09, 06:23 AM
I'm sure it is, Jaroslav - Just not quite sure how to yet.

Zaronz
11-02-09, 08:15 AM
[ If you ment to make the instance a part of the actual map ]

I'm sorry, but that is not possible. The instances are located in other maps then Azeroth is so the instance can't be used the same way as Shattrath. The areatriggers is what causing you to get teleported into the instance.

[ If you ment the instance to be accesible for everyone ]

Otherwise you could make the instance "public" by changing the type and max players to '0' in worldmap_info [Ascent Structure] Then you could have a lot of people there, then the people got enter the dungeon by a portal or some teleporter.

Jaroslav
11-02-09, 04:33 PM
[ If you ment to make the instance a part of the actual map ]

I'm sorry, but that is not possible. The instances are located in other maps then Azeroth is so the instance can't be used the same way as Shattrath. The areatriggers is what causing you to get teleported into the instance.

its ok, i know that instances are different maps.

[ If you ment the instance to be accesible for everyone ]

Otherwise you could make the instance "public" by changing the type and max players to '0' in worldmap_info [Ascent Structure] Then you could have a lot of people there, then the people got enter the dungeon by a portal or some teleporter.
[/quote]

about this, i will try this as soon as i get home.

one more question regarding this issue... after i made the instance "public" how to make this place a sanctuary????

btw, thx a lot for your help :D (avid and Zaronz)

Zaronz
11-02-09, 04:43 PM
Then you would have to edit the server DBCs, luckily that doesn't require a patch or something. I would recommend you to check this guide: ******* - How to make a zone a sanctuary - Cursed
(http://www.************/forums/emulator-server-guides/93039-guide-make-zone-sanctuary.html)

Jaroslav
11-02-09, 09:37 PM
till now, everything looks good, now the old instance is a public area...
the problems come when i try to edit the DBC File... dont know how to find the areas that im looking for :confused:

one is magister terrace, and the other is a dungeon used in MMOPRO Repack2, <unused> monastery xD

checked at ******* - How to make a zone a sanctuary - Cursed (http://www.************/forums/emulator-server-guides/93039-guide-make-zone-sanctuary.html) but the list on there last update was for patch 2.3.3...

any idea on how to find new areas IDs on DBC files????

btw, is it possible to create Custom Factions???

Zaronz
12-02-09, 09:24 AM
To get the zone, just do .gps in the zone (ingame) and you would retrieve the zone id.
There isn't actually possible to create a custom faction but you could modify and existing one.

Jaroslav
13-02-09, 10:44 AM
again, thank you very much, you have helped me a lot :D
now every thing is working as i wanted....

anyway, i will be using this thread to request some help from time to time.

thanks again.

Blindguard
13-02-09, 12:16 PM
No need Jaroslav, it will just confuse people when they see the thread title.
If you ask for help (i.e) how to add items to the database, people won't know it as the thread title asks for help how to create an instance =)
Just create a new thread, lad.

Welcome to MMOpro!

runiker
13-02-09, 12:32 PM
Yeah they let you do that here :P so go ahead and make some help threads btw the more people use the help thread the more i know what type of guides to post :P