PDA

View Full Version : [GUIDE] Making a map an instance or an instance a map!

runiker
13-02-09, 12:57 PM
Here in this guide i will show you how to modify the map table this is ascents->arcemu table for the maps. So before we go any further open up "Worldmap_info". once this is open you should see a few different things

first i will tell you never modify the first one called entry.

Now lets more to screenid this is the loading screen i would keep it where its at now.

Type right now it seems that type 0 means normal map 2 is instance, 3 is a bg and im not sure about 4.

Maxplayers if you want to limit your map to a 5 man team put 5 here if you want it to be like outlands put 0 here.

Minlevel this is used to reject playes who are lower then that for basic maps put 1 here if you want only level 50+ put 50 here.

Lets skip a bit to lvl_mod_a this will mod the players level upon entry have not tested myself but i would imagine putting a -1 would decrease and 1 would increase.

Required quest and required_item is things you need to enter this area as well.

Now lets skip to viewing distance. The higher the number the farther you can see but also the more laggy your server.

Hope this helps out

Blindguard
13-02-09, 02:27 PM
Can't be bothered to read cuz of the wall of text :P will try to read it when my Naxx raid is over though, hehe.

enegue
13-02-09, 10:40 PM
Omg, I keep getting confused... Try spreading out your post will ya? It's literally a wall of text to me as well :confused: