PDA

View Full Version : Why dont website ever work...

WoW-Plague
14-02-09, 01:50 PM
Why is it that people post websites that have sooo much bugs or are very unorganized / buggy or not working.... It is annoying you spend hours setting it all up just to find that for some odd reason something does not work and you have to start all over again.... GRRR!

Blindguard
14-02-09, 03:07 PM
What are you talking about? Are you talking about WHY MMOpro is having too much downtime?

Avidgamer
14-02-09, 03:12 PM
I think he's talking about Repack Websites, they often have 100's of problems.

Blindguard
14-02-09, 04:51 PM
Ah, ok, well, it's under the general section =)

Dr. Emu
15-02-09, 02:23 PM
There is no repack on the internet that can give you a 100% bug free wow server. And this thread does not belong here if it was repacks that you ment.

Blindguard
15-02-09, 03:20 PM
Respond to your own threads, lad =)

runiker
15-02-09, 06:41 PM
First all websites must remain up-to date as the db will change so needs the websites. So please keep that in mind also what type of server are you running?

WoW-Plague
16-02-09, 07:46 PM
Sorry for not responding.. Lots of things needed to be dealt with. I have an ArcEmu Database... Our server is awesome we just need a website that works -.- Every website we get either has an account creation problem / links dont work and pages are messed up / or they put sooo much advertising on it and it makes the server look kind of noobish / and last but certainly not the least... Some of them have very long setups and when your finished only half of it works or they make it so confusing it set it up correctly......

All we want is a website that does the following...

Decent homepage

Homepage linkgs: Home, Account Creation, Armory, Forum

And when they click account creation it shows how many players are on...

Thats all we want.

The time its taking us to get somebody elses template we could have probably made our own in dreamweaver.

Blindguard
16-02-09, 10:12 PM
Are you ready to pay for your server? If so, host your own website and customise it to whatever you want it to be.

WoW-Plague
17-02-09, 09:42 AM
There are a few problems with that...

1) I know jack about HTML and the time it would take to learn everything I would need to know to make our website what I need it to be.. Would be long enough for our server to shutdown..

2) We already have a host on a T1 line for free so we dont need to worry about money right this minute.. But, he will be wanting us to pay him soon if we dont start getting member-.-

3) Customizing websites don't really work well either unless the site is 100% finished and page editable............... Which they never are..

Avidgamer
17-02-09, 09:55 AM
Well, you should pay for a website, get someone who's an expert in that field and then ask them to customize it for you. You mabey pay them or give them someone on your server such as GM/Admin rights.

Or you could spend ages trying to get a working website and in the end the server shuts down anyway. I'd go for the Web Hosting mate.