PDA

View Full Version : TRUE Custom Object Tutorial [ How to find your own displayids! ]

enegue
23-02-09, 07:01 AM
Hello MMOPro community! I have decided to make a tutorial on how to find your own game object display ids!!!

It is quite simple really. You will need Mywarcraftstudios, and Wow Model Viewer is optional. Both links are here:

Mywarcraftstudio - WoWDev (http://wowdev.org/wiki/index.php/Mywarcraftstudio)
WoW Model Viewer (http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=35&func=fileinfo&id=29)

So now that you have both of those programs downloaded, you will need to know what to do with them right?

Here is what you need to do. NOTE: i do not have pictures because i dont know how to save a screen shot with vista. Sorry!

If you follow these steps, you will not need pictures. Here is what you do, if you are using model viewer also. Open up wow mv, and go to world. Open up anything, and look around. Once you find something you like, remember the name, and open up MyWarcraftStudios.

Now that you have that open, you are going to want to open up a patch. Click on the folder icon on the top left hand side of the program. Or another way of doing this is Pack/Edit MPQ Archive. It should bring up a browser. Go to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\enus\Patch-enUS.MPQ.

Now that you have this open, you should see a treepath with Three folders. DBFilesClient, Interface, and Sound. Go ahead and open up DBFilesClient. Now you should see a ton of different files. Scroll down until you reach the G section. (it is in alphabetical order) Now open up GameObjectDisplayInfo.dbc. Click on it once, and you should have opened up a Database Cache. It should have a Search bar with a Find and Next button to the right of it.

Now, remember that name of the object you wanted? type it in the search bar. Press find, not enter. If nothing happens, DO NOT FREAK OUT!! it is normal, and a lot of objects are not there. Not all wmo's have gameobject displayids. In order to find the next displayid, press next. EXAMPLE: I search house. one comes up, but i want another house displayid. I press next, and another one comes up.

You should see, that to the left of the names, there is a number. This is the displayid. Congratulations, you now have a displayid of this object!!

Time for the types. Types are very hard to determine, but All buildings are 14, and rest are usually 5 or 6. An object that casts spells are type 22, but that is a whole different tutorial. Feel free to pm me about it though, for i know all there is to know about it.

I truly hope this helped!! It helped me when i learned it, for now my server is pretty insane.

GOOD LUCK!

CREDITS TO FLAME_WARRIOR OF *******

drchocobo
21-04-09, 12:25 AM
Just one thing I wonder, Oh and I gave you +rep

There are some buildings, such as the inns, like the one in goldshire and in redridge, that I cant seem to find with wowmodelviewer nor can I locate in the dbc in mywarcraft studio. Im building a town in a hidden place, and I have the display ids of all the other buildings, cept for some of the houses, the town halls, and the inns. These things are elusive, but I know they are there. seems every building or object in the map has a display ID somewhere in the dbcfiles The redridge goldshire/westfall inn structures are very generic seeming which leads me to believe they are somewhere in the dbc waiting to be discovered. The townhalls and houses in several places are identicle as well, which leads me to believe they are also in the dbc files somewhere. I can only figure that they have a strange name for them that you wouldnt guess while searching the files.

If anybody can help me with the displayids of just those I can add them to the document I plan to release that lists the displayids of every structure that can be put into a generic town.

I have most of the lumbermills, stables, complete farms, and a few other displayids, but cant find the inns or the town halls, not to mention several of the houses you come across on the maps while playing.

Before you say this, I already know that you cant do a '.go select' on most of these, though they are there none the less They MUST have a display ID if they are not terrain. Everything in the game but terrain and players has a display id for it to show up in front of you.

enegue
21-04-09, 05:19 AM
Some objects cannot be found in using WoW Model Viewer. If you are using ArcEmu for your server's core, just use the GM command ".lookup object (object name)" and you have the object spawn ID for the object you want.

Do note that there are no current spawn IDs for huge houses/mansions etc.

StickyIcky
21-04-09, 09:21 PM
I made a guide like this a LONG time ago, probably around the time tbc was actually stable...of how to get item,npc,go displays...

enegue
22-04-09, 06:42 AM
Oh, sorry about repost then. I didn't see your post anywhere here :S

Driven00
12-06-10, 05:39 AM
nice, thanks man

Pedregon
12-06-10, 12:28 PM
Don't Bump Old Threads.
/Closed