PDA

View Full Version : [Question]Running 2 different kind of realms

foxtrot08
11-03-09, 04:14 PM
Is it possible to, or how do i....

Create a wow wotlk server using 2 different kind of repacks. For instance, i am using the MMOPRO 8.2 repack, which starts characters off with epic gear, and a Blizzlike repack, that starts characters off normally. With both realms having different settings. e.g. Realm 1 starts characters off at level 1, realm 2 starts characters off at 70. Also, both realms have different xp rates, rep rates, etc.

Basically like running 2 whole different wow servers at one time, but connects together like 1 server. Or maybe i just dont know what im talking about. But if you can get my point here. Because i want one realm to be like RPing, and the other realm for PVP.

Knaur
15-03-09, 09:34 AM
its no problem, you start first your 1st server as normal.
with both logon and world. (logon from this pack will be used for both realms)

Then for the other realm, you go in your configs, an set up as normal to your db,
BUT you must change some ports to be able to have more than 1 realm.

so in the second realm: open world config,
WorldServerPort = "8128"> <--- type 8128 instead of 8129 as the first realm has
and save world config.

and then open realms config,
Address = "84.202.15.64:8128" <---- type 8128 here instead of 8129 as in first realm and save realms config.

Thats it, when you start world from your second pack, it will

It will use same accounts, but you must have 2 character tables.

dannyel
15-03-09, 11:07 AM
How i make second character table in navicat for run same account but diferents char? and how i conf that? Because i only have one called Character and i fi make another tavle i cant call character but chararcter_copy, have some problema? and how i ill configure that in world confs? and what ports o need aloow just 8128 ?