PDA

View Full Version : Vmap Map extractor question.

sirplexer
06-04-09, 07:15 AM
Hello, I was wondering for future reference when extracting the vmaps and maps, can you run the ad.exe and vmap_assembler.exe at the same time will they but heads and mess up? Cuz this is taking forever.

Comment: This site rocks, makes sever set up so easy a turtle with a Tandy could do it quick. :)

OOPS, Wrong place for this topic sorry. :(

enegue
06-04-09, 07:28 AM
[No Questions Asked]

sirplexer
06-04-09, 07:52 AM
Well, you didn't answer my question or even say anything about it. so...

Resync0
06-04-09, 07:59 AM
You could always run Vmap extractor and AD at the same time mate. But personally I keep a Pre-extracted Copy of maps somewhere in my computer so everytime I do a repack i don't need to waste 10 mins extracting maps.

Oh btw, Vmaps = 20 Hours~

80% of Vmap extractors crash after a while. So i don't bother with Vmaps, its not as if Collision actually works =/

sirplexer
06-04-09, 08:03 AM
You could always run Vmap extractor and AD at the same time mate. But personally I keep a Pre-extracted Copy of maps somewhere in my computer so everytime I do a repack i don't need to waste 10 mins extracting maps.

Oh btw, Vmaps = 20 Hours~

80% of Vmap extractors crash after a while. So i don't bother with Vmaps, its not as if Collision actually works =/

So do i just change things around in config files? It doesn't take 20 hours for me just about an hour or less. (Intel quad core 6600)

Resync0
06-04-09, 08:04 AM
So do i just change things around in config files? It doesn't take 20 hours for me just about an hour or less. (Intel quad core 6600)

You don't need to change anything In configs unless you want to disable fear moment which reduces the chance of falling through the ground when feared. :)

sirplexer
06-04-09, 08:06 AM
You don't need to change anything In configs unless you want to disable fear moment which reduces the chance of falling through the ground when feared. :)

Well, I haven't seen anything in configs about fear moment that would be nice.

enegue
06-04-09, 08:06 AM
Well, I didn't plan to answer it. You posted in the wrong section.

sirplexer
06-04-09, 08:08 AM
Well, I didn't plan to answer it. You posted in the wrong section.

Would move if i knew how or who could. :D

Resync0
06-04-09, 08:08 AM
Well, I haven't seen anything in configs about fear moment that would be nice.

It is in world.conf :)

Just open it on Notepad and CTRL F and type in movement and it should find it.

enegue
06-04-09, 08:09 AM
Lol, next time read what the forum description says before you post :)

sirplexer
06-04-09, 08:10 AM
It is in world.conf :)

Just open it on Notepad and CTRL F and type in movement and it should find it.

Wow right under my nose didn't even see it thanks.

Resync0
06-04-09, 08:10 AM
Wow right under my nose didn't even see it thanks.

Not a problem mate :) Hope your server goes well.

sirplexer
06-04-09, 08:11 AM
Lol, next time read what the forum description says before you post :)

Ya, i was browsing and forgot to switch back to correct one... Thats what i get for being a noob here lol.

Resync0
06-04-09, 08:13 AM
Ya, i was browsing and forgot to switch back to correct one... Thats what i get for being a noob here lol.

:p Anyway Im uploading a Reliable 3.X.X Map/Vmap extractor for you.

Compiled Myself :)

Attatched to post.

Yeh sorry about the random name lol.

sirplexer
06-04-09, 08:14 AM
Not a problem mate :) Hope your server goes well.

I downloaded a repack and it had a building extractor with it for collision detection then you create vmaps from that folder or something. I noob so i may be wrong.

Resync0
06-04-09, 08:19 AM
Normally in Repacks there are in instructions on how to extract your vmaps. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine :)