PDA

View Full Version : Look out fake "Blizzard" mail diddle your account!

Cambios89
19-08-09, 02:00 AM
Hackers hack technology is more advanced nowadays. Using the fake Blizzard email to diddle account was not a marvel,the most strange was that the reply email was obviously from Blizzard,however the real recipient was someone else. Furthermore, this mail not only ask for player's account password and information, but also put forward if you ignore this mail,your account will suspend. Before mmogoldservice Dot com got this news,lots of players have already suffered it.

Need to say,if only the one who can read English and have read the whole text,it should not come about. Because we can easily see that the writer of this email was not good at English, it just like the so-called Chinese English.

Below is the full-text:
World of Warcraft - Account Under Review&S207;
Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell/trade your personal World of Warcraft account(s).
As you may or may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. If the information is deemed accurate, the investigation will be dropped.

This action is taken because we at Blizzard Entertainment take these sales quite seriously. We need to confirm you are the original owner of the account. This is easiest done by confirming your personal information along with concealed information about your account. You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account by replying to this email with:

Use the following template below to verify your account and information via email.
* First and Surname
* Date of birth
* Address
* Zip code
* Phone number
* Country
* Account e-mail
* Account name

* Account password

* Secret Question and Answer

-Or-

WoW CD-Key

Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have

dropped the investigation.

We ask you to NOT change password until the investigation is fully completed.

Blizzard Entertainment Inc

Account Administration Team

P.O. Box 18979, Irvine, CA 92623

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment

If someone who is careless when received this email will sure write back. But once you reply to this letter, you account will definitely hacked. While watching the sender's email address is belong to Blizzard, if you reply directly, you will find the letter was sent to some other people's mailbox. As for this letter, it directly send to [email protected] after your reply .

So mmogoldservice Dot com remind all players here, the officials are unlikely to ask players their account and password information. If you come across something like this, you need to be careful. Because once you reply, your account informationcan will enter to the cheater's mail!

Lbniese
21-08-09, 08:08 AM
You only get a email from them if you got a Retail account lol

Teh
22-08-09, 07:23 PM
You only get a email from them if you got a Retail account lol
Often time if you are on a trading site you use your blizzard retail email which people can get and they will send you that stuff.

U2 Jay
12-09-09, 08:31 PM
These have been going around for about a million years now. They are called email phishers. Just ignore them.

DoPeT
09-01-10, 04:03 PM
Hahaha yeah, these are pretty annoying.

Dorito
11-01-10, 04:00 AM
very i get them all the time :| think coz i bought gold rofl

devinupton
27-01-10, 12:30 PM
i get them all the emails all the time but i just delete them

tandt40
26-03-10, 09:46 AM
I get 'em all the time, even though i never bought gold.

Cocain
28-03-10, 11:44 AM
Mhm, I see these so called Phishers are back.

Nice of you to let us know.

Kero21
29-03-10, 07:22 PM
I got this kind of email before, if you do get this email report it to [email protected]

dzro
28-04-10, 09:23 AM
i just got this kind of email the other day how i knew it was a fake was i had my account deleted before they transfered everything over to battlenet

Dimman
28-04-10, 10:23 AM
i just got this kind of email the other day how i knew it was a fake was i had my account deleted before they transfered everything over to battlenet
Im getting 5+ mails like those each day -.- but my email is kinda everywhere on the internet xD

Im also getting mass-added by the "horny-failbots clan" (Msn bots - **** cam) they are sooo lame :)

MikExV™
18-05-10, 08:52 PM
I have gotten so many of these emails, and 7/10 times they look real. But you always can tell if there fake when it says log in and it sends to a fake site or when it says type your password please.

giminar
09-07-11, 11:47 AM
I've been getting slammed by a fake blizz for months. Crazy.

shumi
28-07-11, 04:48 PM
i receive this emails very often and i don't even answer them.
just ignore them.