PDA

View Full Version : How can other people play on my Wow Server?

macelaru
05-04-11, 01:26 AM
Hi. I need ur help, i have a problem and i hope u can help me. First of all i wanna tell u that i have a Wow Sv and I want that my friends to play on it and i dont know how to do that, to make a site with acc and registration for the others and other thinks. Please help me. I want to make public my server and first off all i need a good site and other thinks so that's why i need some help. I hope someone can help me. Thanks

essences
08-04-11, 11:54 AM
It's easiest if you follow a guide. But if you have your ip forwarded using Hamachi or a similar program, your realmlist ip set in your database, and your ports open, your server should be set. After that, anyone that wants to connect simply change their realmlist.wtf file.

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

This data should be change to:
set realmlist xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The x's represent the server's ip address. It's fairly easy, but a guide will offer you a better checklist so that you don't skip on details.

technique
08-04-11, 06:19 PM
If you don't want to use your IP you can go onto DynDNS.com - Managed DNS, Domain Names and more! (http://dyndns.org/) and sign up and get yourself a unique dns which will later on become your realmlist address. I know there are several guides in the "Guides" section @ArcEmu/Ascent section about how to make your server online, you should check there. There are dozens of registrations pages that you can download for free and setup easily, you will be able to find registration/CMS sites here as well, I suggest you use the search function.

DoxramosPS
24-09-11, 02:01 PM
What revision of what core are you using? It's all pretty straight forward after you barebone the code a little; if you open worldserver.conf and authserver.conf and read through it it will teach you a lot of what you need to know. If you have any questions and don't know what it is then you should post questions to those conflicts. A few bare essentials to running your own server.
Understanding Ports: Ports are a gateway to your computer, the standard ports that need to be opened on a router are

HTTP:80
RealmListen:3724
MySQL:3306
Realm:8085
RA: 3443

Sorry if I'm missing any that's all I can think of off the top of my head though
I ended up having to open up 3036 and 6112 which I haven't fully understood what those had to be opened for, but that's meh lol.
If you want a more detailed explanation feel free to ask and I can make a guide for it, but I'll want to know what core you are using at the bare minimum. I don't know too much on Arcemu I'm usually more into Mangos and Trinity, but I could figure out Arcemu if someone needed the help.