PDA

View Full Version : a New Epic Gossip system for Arcemu

Rochet2
30-07-11, 05:48 PM
Ok.. I will tell it to you shortly here.

So.
The gossip system allows you to create gossip menus to NPCs, gameobjects and items without actually knowing any lua.

The lua script basically does all the script stuff for you. All YOU need to do is use SQL and add the needed data to the custom tables.
This system is pretty much like mangos' gossip system or trinity's.

CHECK IT OUT here: http://projectcode.zzl.org/Gossip%20system/

or
http://code.google.com/p/teleportnpcmangostrinity/

Rochet2
31-07-11, 01:06 PM
Update:

Made it tabled and now it loads all needed data when you start the server or restart your luaengine.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

.. C mon ppl .. comment .___.

You can make anything in it ..
A teleporter, morpher, etc .. you can change your character's size, change phases etc and you can do multiple scripts on one gossip option click.

All this without Lua.

techial
31-07-11, 01:34 PM
Eeeh, Well nice thread :)
I think you could explain more and maybe make it more, eeeeeh Delicious? (redilicious)
Well anyways i think this Script is good as noobs can make great menus.
And then make a server where everyone joins and then they get pro admins.

So basicly i like this idea as MySQL is pretty simple! :P

Rochet2
31-07-11, 02:01 PM
Thanks.
Posting more about it is useless as you would need to go to the link to download it anyways.

You can basically do anything you can do on the mangos DB gossip system, and some more, like check if player is in combat etc.
Just go to the link and see the command list to see what you can do when a player clicks a script.

All regular gossip things are also available .. like making submenus, changing icon, add money/faction/level requirements etc.

Rochet2
01-08-11, 11:33 AM
Update:

You can now reload gossip_* tables with .reload gossip
You can not reload `units` table.
(Can add it if I get help with unregistering a hook. If it is not possible, I will make a command to reload luaengine from ingame if possible.)

Update:

I enhanced the luaengine check not to error on LHA and figured a way to avoid an error on luabridge caused by getluaengine() not working properly.
Also added conditions table, made it so that no table kills the server execution, so you can have all tables empty and maybe I did some other minor fixes.. cant remember.

Now converted to LHA too!

randy336
11-08-11, 07:52 AM
Looks good :)

Rochet2
11-08-11, 09:44 AM
I am currently fixing a couple bugs and making it to be more useful with more commands etc you can use.
Like mounting, dismounting, morhing etc and you can do most of them to NPCs too.

Apple
11-08-11, 10:39 AM
I am currently fixing a couple bugs and making it to be more useful with more commands etc you can use.
Like mounting, dismounting, morhing etc and you can do most of them to NPCs too.

nice one.

Rochet2
11-08-11, 11:24 AM
Also trying to implement delayed scripts .__.
But it seems a bit more difficult as I cant seem to find out how to check if the player or unit still exists.
(if player logs out before the delayed script runs, the server crashes, so you need a check that he is still logged in)

Fixed every single bug I know at the moment.
Dropped LB support.
Added more functions.
Moved to my project site:
http://code.google.com/p/teleportnpcmangostrinity/