PDA

View Full Version : custom races

lordprimoz
15-09-09, 06:34 PM
i want to add custom races to wow, i know its possible, cause one of my friends has it on his server...

what i know atm is:
you need to edit the client files,, so every player has to download a new custom patch
you need to edit the database, the .MPQ and some .dbc files...

so far i know i can edit the races to another one through using this guide : http://www.mmopro.net/forums/model-editing-guides/1984-guide-character-to-creature.html

does anyone know how to add a custom race to the create character screen(not editing one) and actually playing with it?

StickyIcky
16-09-09, 06:31 AM
It's ALOT of work to be honest.
And, for people who play retail, they'll get insta banned when they try to login to retail.

NOT suggested.

Lbniese
17-09-09, 01:05 PM
Wig thats right...

and Lordprimoz then you also need to add new starting area (edit the map) also hard.... :)

StickyIcky
18-09-09, 01:13 AM
Wig thats right...

and Lordprimoz then you also need to add new starting area (edit the map) also hard.... :)

If it's a instant 80 server(which most are), he wouldn't have to...

But the way you gotta do it is just edit your wow mpeq(cant remember exactly) files pretty much...(BACK THEM UP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING)

P1raten
19-09-09, 05:52 PM
i want to add custom races to wow, i know its possible, cause one of my friends has it on his server...

what i know atm is:
you need to edit the client files,, so every player has to download a new custom patch
you need to edit the database, the .MPQ and some .dbc files...

so far i know i can edit the races to another one through using this guide : http://www.mmopro.net/forums/model-editing-guides/1984-guide-character-to-creature.html

does anyone know how to add a custom race to the create character screen(not editing one) and actually playing with it?
Yes.

It's ALOT of work to be honest.
And, for people who play retail, they'll get insta banned when they try to login to retail.

NOT suggested.
I lol'd.

Basicly, all you need to do is to change the models of all the races you want to swap.

Then let the members download a patch which makes your new races avaible for everyone.

Model edits is forbidden on retail. When a person applys a patch to their client it doesnt stack. Your able to remove it. The patch will be called something like Patch-D.mpq. And when you play retail, just delete it or something.

LiLLeCarl
20-09-09, 05:48 AM
Yes.

I lol'd.

Basicly, all you need to do is to change the models of all the races you want to swap.

Then let the members download a patch which makes your new races avaible for everyone.

Model edits is forbidden on retail. When a person applys a patch to their client it doesnt stack. Your able to remove it. The patch will be called something like Patch-D.mpq. And when you play retail, just delete it or something.

Like nudepatch xD

P1raten
20-09-09, 06:09 AM
Like nudepatch xD
What ever you say -.-

Dimman
20-09-09, 11:18 AM
Like nudepatch xD
pleez me want add my emesen [email protected]