PDA

View Full Version : Combine Database's?

kcraptor82
25-07-13, 02:58 PM
Combine parts of database's to compilea SQL database that has many fixes from one or more Repacks?

My title pretty much sums it up. I haveread many guides, and have played with quit a few repacks over thelast few years, but something has always bothered me. I have noticedthe trinity cores are really good, but yet each repack I play with,one thing might work, and another don't work. I want to know howcould I combine them to fix problems. Here is an example:

Repack One: Goblin start zone seems tobe scripted or seems to work mostly.
Death Knight area has many flaws anda few things don't work smoothly.
Trinity Core

Repack Two: Goblin start zone is outof phase and most of the start quests don't work, etc.
Death Knight area seems to beperfect, or at least near perfect!
Trinity Core

So from these two examples, I want topull the data from say “Repack Two” regarding the Death Knightstart zone, and place it within the “Repack One” to fix it. Doesthis sound far fetched or will it be a pain in the rear? I have seenmany places that offer updates (or so called fixes) for certainthings like quests, npcs, scripts, etc. But I can't seem to figureout how each core is dated, etc? So many different cores, or repacks,but yet very little uniformity. Has anyone done this, or maybe aguide to pull certain parts and replace into another? I might haveover looked it, if there is a guide, but I really want to but aserver together that is Blizz like and at least 95% working.