PDA

View Full Version : [Share] WoW 4.0.6 on a Mac and PC.

Wise
09-09-13, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone, do you have a mac and cannot get 4.0.6 on it? Are you frustrated of trying? I know I was, when I was trying to get 4.0.6 I tried for almost a entire day but something always went wrong, the patches wouldn't do anything do the files inside them not being executable and even if I corrected it the patcher would give some type of error or even when you get it to 4.0.6 the wow.app wouldn't work and would crash immediately. Well look no further Zero is bringing a guide over from molten-wow that actually works! I can vouch that this guide works, after going through countless guides and not having any results this is the guide that did it for me.

Step 1:
First you download:
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (download torrent) - TPB (http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7005814)

Yes that is the windows version of cataclysm, all the work the same but the only reason you cannot run it on a mac is due to the files to start up the games are .exe's.

Step2: Before or after its done you can download
OSX Cata Connection Files.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?dvi7ni8zcs90tya)
this is the files needed to make it work on your mac, its the exe's etc. But in mac version therefore its .app's.

Step3: Extract the second link and replace whats in the main folder of the cataclysm torrent you downloaded with what you extracted from the second link, just simply drag and drop it in.

Step 4: Delete the cache folder in "Your cataclysm folder" and "Your cataclysm folder/Data"

Step5: Now make sure you have the correct permissions for your cata folder. You do this by right clicking the cata folder, click "Get Info", and at the bottom of the new window make sure every single account has read write permissions. If not, change it.

Step 6: Launch the World of Warcraft.app (not Wow.exe!) and play! The first time the game loads, it will take anywhere from 3-15 minutes for the app to load the files, so be patient!

Credits - xianwei1998 original creator
Me- sharing and simplifying the guide.