PDA

View Full Version : [Custom Expansion] Element of Darkness

Kyrie
05-10-09, 02:12 PM
Art-United.org is working on a new custom expansion. Its going to be released under the name "Element of Darkness"

NEW RACES/CLASS
Vampire - Uses the life of others to refuel its self or it harnesses the power to be released as deadly energy.

Shape Shifter - Converts the air around him or her to be a weapon. Morphs his body into a weapon. EX : Arm turns into a blade

New Continent
The new "island" of darkness is consumed in a thick black cloud. Your job, recruited by Stormwind or Orgimmar is to be apart of the newly founded Expedition team. You arive on the island and you see things you can only dream of. You must figure out why there is this darkness and how to stop it from cosuming the whole world.

NEW BATTLE GROUND

Ever wanted to try FPS/WoW? The new battle ground "fallen legend" will consist of two versions.
1 - Normal Game play, Four teams. Co Ed. and you must get all of the other teams flags while protecting your own. First to 4 flags wins.

2 - FPS, Your game is switched to another client and you battle it out with your main weapon as an FPS. TDM in a dark forest. Pretty Awesome eh?

New Instances and Items

As one of the new instances of the Element of darkness, The Dark Cloud. It will consist of a huge fight as you try to fight your way through the darkness and any nighmarish creature that is in it. The boss is indeeed a cloud. How will you beat him? You must play to find out!

As of now you cannot play this as it is not released it. It will be avalaible on the one and only ART UNITED server. For forums for the server and the expansion go to www.art-united.org/forum (http://www.art-united.org/forum)

~Thanks.

Lbniese
07-10-09, 10:06 AM
Very nice.

Kyrie
08-10-09, 02:24 PM
Thanks.

Kyrie
10-10-09, 12:13 PM
Anyone else care to help me?

enegue
10-10-09, 09:11 PM
You could provide a little more detail about the expansion. Make it a little more attractive.

Lbniese
11-10-09, 10:53 AM
I can help maybe

Boxxy
11-10-09, 03:26 PM
$100 that this project is never finished.

enegue
11-10-09, 11:20 PM
I can't provide money but I sure can bake some poisonous cookies if you're right, Noobcraft.

Lbniese
13-10-09, 08:52 AM
I think you win then.
if no one will help then this not going to be anything.
its a very hard project.

enegue
13-10-09, 10:00 PM
Probably he might not even get started. He doesn't provide enough information and stuff.

Lbniese
14-10-09, 02:46 PM
Maybe true.

enegue
14-10-09, 08:49 PM
Lbniese, what signature is that? It looks like an ape wearing a counter-terrorist mask holding a Desert Eagle pistol!

Boxxy
16-10-09, 09:15 PM
Lbniese, what signature is that? It looks like an ape wearing a counter-terrorist mask holding a Desert Eagle pistol!

The spy from tf2

enegue
17-10-09, 10:00 PM
Lol, fail spy then.

Lbniese
19-10-09, 09:40 AM
The spy from tf2
True

Lol, fail spy then.
No, just a spy from a game :P

enegue
19-10-09, 09:46 AM
He's still a fail spy. Who the hell has a monkey for a spy face.

insignia96
20-10-09, 07:04 PM
lol, i am sorry, i have seen this too many times tho man. It is just too much work. People feel like they can do it and then they realize why Blizz does it for them, and the project dies. GL tho. Never know.

Also, OffTopic Thread is OffTopic.
(failspy is fail too ofc)

enegue
21-10-09, 07:49 AM
Lol (: Glad you agree with me on the spy.

Boxxy
21-10-09, 08:42 PM
lol, i am sorry, i have seen this too many times tho man. It is just too much work. People feel like they can do it and then they realize why Blizz does it for them, and the project dies. GL tho. Never know.

Also, OffTopic Thread is OffTopic.
(failspy is fail too ofc)

+rep for speakin the truth

Kibblebit
21-10-09, 11:33 PM
Here is my truth: I encourage people to do this more often, and possibly one day this goal will be achieved but I doubt this current project will go through, as good as it sounds, I just don't think people understand the coding knowledge needed to do all of this stuff.
Like I said, this can, and should be done, but I doubt it will, unfortunately

enegue
22-10-09, 02:24 AM
I do know of a certain server who is going to have custom patches and expansions though =]

StickyIcky
22-10-09, 11:12 PM
I do know of a certain server who is going to have custom patches and expansions though =]

The one with very little players, cause people dont trust custom content...
Unless, you get some screenshots that are total breath takers...

Dimman
23-10-09, 12:10 AM
If you are going to do this you will have to work 24/7 in like 2-4 months or work 2- 5 hrs in 12 months ZD

enegue
23-10-09, 07:54 AM
I will be posting more details on that server in due time.

The expansions will be available in 2010 and 2011. 2 expansions in total planned for now.

kjanko
24-12-09, 03:30 AM
500$ :3

mag1212
24-12-09, 04:32 AM
HeroicWoW had custom patches

Freecom238
24-12-09, 05:47 AM
A Custom Content on a PServer would be great ^_^ It's extrem different to custom items or npc's :) A new custom world it would be amazing ^_^
Anyone know's more of the Project? Like Status or how much left before its done or w/e

Greetings

Shinu44
22-01-10, 08:05 PM
Its a great undertaking indeed, but it would be a massive addition to the private server community. Indeed it is a massive amount of work, and there's a lot of those out there that speak about it as if its little and learn later, but those of us who have worked on large changes like that know how to get the work done, having a leader that knows the odd ends of everything is also extremely important, if the leader is lacking knowledge in any area its harder for them to correctly identify what it is that they wish to change. But make no mistake, a full remake of the game is doable, what the private server core doesn't code, blizzard provides in the client end of the game. Having a diverse team with various abilities is the key to success in this... the problem is also with the workforce, how long will someone work for a project that they wont see a cash return on? just as long as the inspiration from the leader fails.

There are alot of things that go into such a project, not just the world, but the social and psychological effects as well. But great leaps in the gaming industry are usually brought about by the smaller groups and companies. When going into a project like this, its important to know that while there is no cash equiv that you will receive for the work, there is the change, however remote, that your efforts could be noticed by a developer in the field. This is why I do large projects, because the small ones will never receive enough acclaim to stir up the attention of the big wigs, and I salute those that are willing to do the same.

What you must ask yourself, is if you're truly wanting for something like this to come around, who must you find to help you get to that point, what it is that must be done, and what are the skills required. If a forum community of even slightly skilled people rallied behind one person and worked on a large project like this one or mine, then the project would be completed, and we would have an entirely new direction to take our present and future developers.
With new jumps like a huge expansion or mod like these, so too will come guides and developer tools, making it easier for the next person to learn and do, and then the next generation will benefit from that generation, and on and on until it becomes as common as the original core.
While it is true that custom content is looked at in reserve, many want to find it to be exciting. The trick is for the developers to find a desire that has been lost, and place it back in. To make the old new again. If you can find that, and provide a world that can take advantage of it, then you really got something.