PDA

View Full Version : Common errors & their fixes. [Tutorial.]

Paradox
20-12-09, 11:28 AM
As you might know, my name is Paradox, and well. I was bored , so I started to write a tutorial, on how to fix common errors (errors that occure alot) & alot of extra's.
So, we'll start.

Cannot connect to my own server.
Edit ur hosts file
Go to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etcOpen hosts file with notepad and put this in:

127.0.0.1 ur dns/realm
external IP ur dns/realm
internal IP ur dns/realm

What do I need to change in the conf file to get my server public without hamachi?
When you're wanting to be your server exclusively for your server only for your self,
just change your realmlist.conf to
127.0.0.1Unable to connect to my own server?
This might seem a stupid question, but alot of people are struggeling with this. If you can't connect to your own server, check your realmlist.wtf, if it's set to
127.0.0.1 hence this stands for local. If it is, check your configuration folder, and look for the 'realms.conf' file, open it, and check if it's like this :

<Realm1 Name = "Realm Name."
Address = "127.0.0.1:8129"
Icon = "PVP"
Population = "0"
TimeZone = "8">If it is, you should be able to connect to your own server.

When I try to execute a batch, that I downloaded of Wow-v, or Ac-Web, .. It gives me an error, 'collumn with name2 not found' in my database.
Well, this means, that your collumn structure is not that same as the structure the item has. You'll have to remake it then, or manually edit the item, which I don't advise, you can easly make items on Wow-V. (http://wow-v.com) for example.

When I'm booting up my World.exe, it gives an error saying that the table , for example "items" can't load, and then it starts spamming it, and makes me unable to login.
Means that your database structure, isn't compatible, or just outdated, with the core that you're using. Then follow this guide : How to update your outdated database. (http://www.ac-web.org/forums/tutorials/67349-tutorial-pics-how-update-your-outdated-database.html) and it should work.

When I'm PvP'ing on my horde charr, it spams the Pvp tag on - off.
Well, when you're using one of the latest ArcEmu cores, this problem might occure alot. This can be easly fixed, by loading your ad.exe in your WorldOfWarcraft folder. This will make the zone maps, and will fix the problem.

When I'm starting my apache, it gives me an error saying somthing of 'socket port 80'
This might be the problems with alot of dedicated hosts, if they have Plesk included. You can just run your site with this then. If you havn't got Plesk, you should check if you have Wamp, or Xamp running on port 80. If not, check your Port-To-Port on your taskmanager.

When I'm on my dedicated host/normal pc, world.exe, nor logonserver.exe are starting up.
Easy to fix aswell, downloading NetFrameWork 3.5 should fix this error.

My friends can't login, they get the stuck on 'connected' message.
This can be the base of 2 errors.
1. Your friends arn't on the same patch as your core is.
2. The realmlist of your host isn't set right.

I'm getting disconected when I spawn in a zone.
This is an much upcoming error when you're using a repack. It might be occured by a zone fully spawned with creatures, gameobjects, ... So I should check your gameobject_spawns & creature_spawns in your database.

My world.exe gets spammed with lua errors (I'm using LuaHypArc)
Means that your LuaHypArc version is to low, update your core with a newer one, and it will be fixed. Current highest rev is 19.

Some verry handy tutorials, in the line of making your server.
Some usefull tutorials :

http://www.mmopro.net/forums/server-guides/2269-tutorial-compilation.html (http://www.mmopro.net/forums/2269-tutorial-compilation.html#post10527)

Credits :
-Me for making this whole wall of text.
-The linked guides :Neglected, Kjanko, Alvanaar, Sjoerdman, Qqrofl, Gnoppy, darkgabou15, Xyoleus, Brutalix, Xepher, RakkorZ - ZxoxZ, Jargs, Grandelf.

So, this is it so far. This thread will be updated, with new, handy guides, if I get requests, or find new errors/guides.

Post your requests here, or if you think that a guide/your guide should be added.