PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play solo on a Blizz-like emulator and enjoy it?

Picsweet
20-12-09, 03:51 PM
As strange as it may sound, I'd like to do the following:

1. Play on a server that seems as close as possible to the real thing(mob behavior, instance scripting etc). I know I'll be the only one there, maybe besides a friend or two occasionally. I actually like doing quests and instances.

2. For instances, is it possible to beef up the character's stats slightly? Not god mode, but maybe double the hit points, spell points etc? For the times when I want to solo the instances, but not one shot everything. Or....

3. Anyone multibox on their own server? Maybe silly, but I was into that sort of thing before I quit. Lots of fun.

Surely someone else out there has tried this or is doing it. Would really like to hear how you went about it, thanks!

DoPeT
10-01-10, 12:23 AM
ehhh, I'm more of a type of guy that even wanted to play WoW, I would play with someone else with some type of raid, so nope I don't.

Ghoul1970
25-04-10, 01:37 PM
Hi,
Yes I have played a few Blizzlike emulators alone. Like you say its fun to grind and do instances after a hard day at work.

Dimman
25-04-10, 02:23 PM
Hi,
Yes I have played a few Blizzlike emulators alone. Like you say its fun to grind and do instances after a hard day at work.

Its even more fun to make a server (hamachi) let a good friends join and level to 80 then do 5 man raid / 10 man or 25 man :3

hax0rz
30-07-10, 06:36 AM
Play wow all by yourself? thats the sign of a true addict :P

Bing
30-07-10, 04:49 PM
If you played a "Blizz-like" server alone, but with the idea of Boxxy. Then you would have lots of fun. Having 4 other companions with you, entirely controlled by you. One being a: Tank, Healer and Three being Damage. It's all a great idea, but waiting for Boxxy to get back to start developing!

MikExV™
29-09-10, 08:24 PM
When I was younger a few years ago when BC just came out I use to get a mangos repack load it up and just screw around on it for hours straght then I realized the more people the more fun, and now im ware I am now :D.

Stormy
05-10-10, 05:53 PM
Yes I play alone for the most part, my family logs in and plays too (Mom and Sister) but we are all older 50+, although we all have different hours. We like doing quests, instances, etc. I like to do my own thing, was the same when I played a live account, so my own server was just the greatest thing, still is.

Wortex
18-10-10, 12:36 AM
I have played WoW for about 4 months alone due to the fact that my internet was cut off (reconstruction works or smth). Its actually quite fun to do some damage with bots. MaNGOS and Trinity feature this. With them, you dont need to beef your character, 2 healers, 1 tank, 2 dps = 5 man conquered :)