PDA

View Full Version : Help please ... Netheremu 3.3.0a repack v4 install problem...

Argordon
13-01-10, 12:11 PM
Hello.

I recently downloaded kjanko's Netheremu 3.3.0a repack v4. It was a pretty easy install, but I am experiencing an odd problem. I would like some help resolving this - I am military and would like to be able to play the game while on deployment... trying to load this on a relatively high-powered laptop.. but trialing it first on my desktop.

Facts:

NOTE: kjanko's downloadable repack v4 is offered on a thread here under the 'Emulator/releases' section.

1. Everything appears to have properly downloaded and I ran the Apache batchfile, then the MySQL batchfile, then the arcemu-world file, then the arcemu-logon file (I also tried changing the order of when I opened them just in case...).

2. I am running v3.3.0a Client which is required by this repack

3. My realmlist was modified to 'set realmlist 127.0.0.1' which is what is required in order to play the game standalone on my own computer.

4. When I logon to play the game... I can successfully login with Username= admin, password= admin (as instructed by kjanko's instructions)

5. However, when instructed to select the realm I want to play on... (I select the 'Development' check box and ANY of the others - RP, PVP, etc.),... the next window that appears gives the list of realms I can play on.. it is totally BLANK!

What have I done wrong?

------------------

ANSWER:

Thanks,.. I found the error myself. It was a combination of the optional.conf file being in error and.. my lack of patience in waiting for the world.conf to completely load before trying to logon. Overall... this is a very easy to install repack and very good for noobs. Once you have completed all of the instructions, you WILL have to go and modify the optional.conf file (which can be found in the configs folder). Just cut and paste the correction that Catpride provided (in the 'Releases' section) and save the file...OHhh.. you may want to save the original as 'optional.bkp' just so that you can have the comments to refer to on occassion.