PDA

View Full Version : NPC/Creature orientation

egilas
07-02-10, 12:12 PM
Hi.

I've been searching a couple of hours for this information now, and couldn't seem to find anything.

I'm very good with SQL statements, but is there an in-game command I'm missing regarding NPC/creature orientation? I'd like an easier way of changing the facing direction other than changing it manually in the database.

I recall an earlier version of Mangos (which evo-X is based on?) had this and it was a great feature when populating areas with NPCs.. (.turn to make NPC face you, .come to make it move to you, etc..)

Thank you.

Dimman
07-02-10, 02:38 PM
respawn the mob

k1ng01
07-02-10, 06:39 PM
Try delete them then respawning them in the direction you want them to face?

egilas
09-02-10, 11:04 AM
respawn the mob

I did try this, altho not respawning, simply adding a new mob, setting my character in the direction i wanted it to face.

However, deleting and re-adding all the NPCs just to make a minor orientation adjustment seems kind of a long-term project to me.

Isn't there an easier way? Anyone?

Thank you!

P1raten
09-02-10, 12:05 PM
I did try this, altho not respawning, simply adding a new mob, setting my character in the direction i wanted it to face.

However, deleting and re-adding all the NPCs just to make a minor orientation adjustment seems kind of a long-term project to me.

Isn't there an easier way? Anyone?

Thank you!
To tell you the truth.. No, there isnt any easier way.

egilas
09-02-10, 12:20 PM
To tell you the truth.. No, there isnt any easier way.

Simple, straight-forward answer :-)

Going into detail on how to implement this, would probably be off-topic for this forum, as it's really a Mangos issue I believe..

Thank you.

chemmyone
11-02-10, 12:04 AM
You could just target the mob and use .npc fol to have it fol you until it is set right then .npc unfol

or

target the mob, use .npc move to have it move to your location + orientation

Chemmyone