PDA

View Full Version : TRM Repack backup Q's

Fzzt
16-02-10, 11:08 PM
Just looking for confirmation that I'm doing the backups correctly.

Using SQLyog:
I select the evoxcharacters database, right click, Backup/Export, Backup Database as SQL Dump...
Then
Point the dump to my backup dir and Export using the default Structure and data settings?

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/Fzztfzzt/backup_001.jpg

To Restore after updating core I simply select evoxcharacters database in SQLyog, Import, Restore from SQL Dump... Point to my backup and Execute, correct?

Now to correctly save the characters & accounts I do that for both evoxcharacters & evoxlogon? Or should I be selecting particular tables?

Question about backing up specific changes I made to the evox/tables/command ... What I did was lower the security level of certain commands for use by players and I'd prefer to not have to redo all those after each update to the evox database.

In my SQLyog under Import at the Table level I only see Import CSV Data using LOAD LOCAL... What would be the best way to go about backing up that table and then reloading it?

Thanks, I really love playing with this repack because I get too many bloodblisters on my fingers from my legos! ;)

CthulhuFtagn
16-02-10, 11:14 PM
Right-click on the evox > command table, then click Backup/Export...
Then click Export Table Data As...
Click the SQL button on the right
Click OK
Then click Export.

Open the file in a text editor and do a Replace
INSERT INTO
to
REPLACE INTO
Save, and now you should have a nice backup of that table.

Fzzt
17-02-10, 03:25 AM
Good deal. Thanks TRM.