PDA

View Full Version : A Few Question About Emulators

paulwantstoplay
20-02-10, 04:00 AM
Hey all. :)

I don't know if this the right place to ask questions about emulators, but if it isn't please move this thread to the right place.

I have just started using emulators for WoW and I must say: what a fascinating world this is.
I have some questions though, something I couldn't find on this forum:
1) If I switch an emulator from one version to another, how can I transfer the character base. I mean: which files do I have to move?
2) If I switch an emulator to another one (for example Mangos-->Arcemu) is it possible to keep the same character base, and if so, how?

Would appreciate if someone answered these questions, as I'm using quite some repacks atm and I don't have the time to rebuild my character base just playing all quests again. :eek:

mag1212
20-02-10, 05:16 AM
1) u have to convert the tables
2)yes by converting the tables

paulwantstoplay
20-02-10, 12:28 PM
Convert the tables, you say?
Would you please be so kind to explain how I can do that?
Do I need to do something with MySQL (I use navicat and quice)?

Fatbeard
20-02-10, 12:38 PM
You need to use a Converter, Google works as a good researcher.

Try this out, it's called ArcEmu2MaNGOS Filekeeper > Download > Shared > ArcEmu2MaNGOS Public T (http://www.filekeeper.org/download/shared/ArcEmu2MaNGOS_public.tgz)

It might be outdated, but try it out :) Good Luck!

paulwantstoplay
20-02-10, 05:44 PM
Thanks Fatbeard, I appreciate your help.
What do I have to do when I want to update from a Mangos repack version 1 to the same repack version 2? Do I still have to convert files, or is a simple backup copy then enough? In the case of a backup copy, which files do I need to make a backup of?
Sorry about all these questions, but I'm rather new at this. That's the reason I'm asking. Thanks in advance for further help.

Fatbeard
20-02-10, 06:01 PM
This all depends on what you are doing, if there are no changes in the structure of the database, then you can basically just keep the DB as it is, and then just run it on the other core, which means you don't even have to touch the DB.

If however there is a change in the DB structure after upgrading to another revision, that means you have to run the SQL files usually found in the source, in the actual SVN :)

Good Luck

paulwantstoplay
21-02-10, 01:52 AM
Thanks again for you answer, Fatbeard.
I think I know what to do now.

Pedregon
18-04-10, 04:18 AM
Moved to proper section.