PDA

View Full Version : Custom classes

grimmjoww
10-03-10, 05:13 PM
i was wondering is there a way to make custom classes without to much lua editing be cause i really wan to make a blood elf worrior.

Avidgamer
10-03-10, 05:16 PM
Well, do you mean you can actually Select the Blood Elf Warrior on the creation screen, or just change it in the DB?

grimmjoww
10-03-10, 05:55 PM
i want to make it selectable and how to make new classes

Avidgamer
12-03-10, 07:10 AM
We'll, to change it at the Character Selection screen, you need to edit the Database in your WoW Folder I belive, I'm not exactly sure how this is done, but you would need to get display ID's for male and female, you'd need to find spells fitting to the class, and you'd need to remove an existing Class and Race (As making a NEW class you'd have to edit ALOT)... So it's best to remove a Class and Race that are not as well played, like a Troll Shaman for mabey a Goblin Necromancer (Has Shadow Spells, Summons, heals etc mabey?)

Again, I'm not 100% sure on the details of what you'd need to do, but it'd involve editing the DB.

Korial
21-03-10, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't suspect much work at all in the Database. If I'm not mistaken, the classes are simply "locked" from the particular race. If that isn't so, then you'd have to go to the race, and add the warrior class. If it isn't given at all to add the class, then some new scripts would have to be added. X.x If I'm wrong on any of this, Admins could tell you. Them smartasses <3