PDA

View Full Version : Private Server Issue

Noblebeastx
24-03-10, 11:54 PM
Im not really sure what im doing wrong i thought by opening a private server thats 100% blizzlike that people who dotn wanna pay 14.95 a month would join caz it be free and 100% blizzlike,no donor or voter crap,but it seems im not aving no luck i have posted server adds in at least 5 sites told my friends to tell people....and i cant get any members for some reason we are patch 3.2,non hamachi i jsut dont know what im donig wrong i look at all other servers and i got forums,website,armory,server running 24\7 and still i have alot of views for the website but they never make a account,ive even tried limmited time offer's like first 50 80's get free tier 9.5,free name race changes,and much more i keep updates to inform when server is down or up i always am online basicly im never not on server.....if anyone has any suggestions if ure suggestion has anything about me making it not 100% blizzlike then i am sorry but i wont do it.....im thinking i need people to know about us but i dont know how since ive aready doen so much i got over 200 views for my server ad on here and on ac web i jsut dotn get it

Diocia
25-03-10, 12:05 AM
Back when I first started with private servers I used to think the same thing. But now I know people don't want to play on a buggy private server with only a few other people when they can play on a bug free version with thousands of people.

My suggestion would be to start with a fun server that people like, then once your population grows, you can add a blizzlike server and see if people will start playing on it.

If you are 100% against a fun server, I would at least increase xp rates so people can level faster.

Good Luck!

shadowslayer133
25-03-10, 01:57 PM
Youtube video

Boxxy
25-03-10, 03:23 PM
Just a little note, 99% of people who play on private servers play for the extra fun content. Blizzlike servers usually have 0 players because whats the point of having a bugged up server with blizzard rates when you can just play on blizzards servers which have no bugs and the same rates. The only reason why servers like wowscape etc have players on there supposed "blizzlike" servers is because they are not blizzlike but infact have higher rates, voting gifts and donor armor.

TL,DR Noone likes blizzlike servers make fun ones

Edit: By the way stop saying you have a 100% blizzlike server because that is not true, no one in this world has a 100% blizzlike server besides blizzard.

Edit2: What are you 12 years old that you need to type ...... after every 5 words, and also spell correctly its not cute or funny at all how you type.

Noblebeastx
25-03-10, 04:01 PM
im 16....... thxs for help thou boxxy but

echelonedwow.net i was on there blizzlike server,jsut lie kretail,no donor,voter,same rates and they had at least 40 players on at once and they all played caz they dont like donate servers or voter,well realms

Boxxy
25-03-10, 04:05 PM
im 16....... thxs for help thou boxxy but

echelonedwow.net i was on there blizzlike server,jsut lie kretail,no donor,voter,same rates and they had at least 40 players on at once and they all played caz they dont like donate servers or voter,well realms

It was a metaphor(the being 12 part), also 40 players is a very low population which being a blizzlike server im sure it took months to gain it also sounds like a tight nit server so my best guess is they are all some how friends thats why they continue to play there.

Noblebeastx
25-03-10, 05:31 PM
no there Number one server pretty much on top 100 they got 2 gm realms and jsut opened a blizzliek server like 3 months ago and they got about 500 or more toons on the blizzlike about over 300 accounts i beliv,they been around for over 2 years suprised u dont know even more caz there number one server

Boxxy
25-03-10, 06:23 PM
no there Number one server pretty much on top 100 they got 2 gm realms and jsut opened a blizzliek server like 3 months ago and they got about 500 or more toons on the blizzlike about over 300 accounts i beliv,they been around for over 2 years suprised u dont know even more caz there number one server

I don't play wow, also notice 2 gm realms, i wonder how they managed to pull in there small group of blizzlike server lovers.

StickyIcky
26-03-10, 12:20 PM
Yea, Good Luck with your 100% blizzlike server lmao...

shadowslayer133
28-03-10, 01:24 AM
If you want players get a fully custom server, like the ones stoneharry always develops. He has custom quests, unique ideas, and in the end just doesn't do anything with his server.

Sonicpulse
18-04-10, 10:25 PM
got to be honest with ya man blizzlike servers really wont get a high population peopel go for the coustem areas items ect.... i recomend puting some costems in (get an extreamly stable trintiy core) advertize on youtube and try to get admins to help with your server + devs i felt the same way but my server is slowly geting members THE MORE MEMBERS YOU HAVE THE MORE YOU WILL GET! (if you want a video on youtube id be happy to make one for you

ghost15
19-04-10, 12:12 AM
Are you kidding me? Blizzlike has a really big population, lots of people love blizzlike servers because they like the real way world of warcraft is played and its the closest they can get without paying.