PDA

View Full Version : The big question thread.

Cocain
27-03-10, 10:32 AM
New to the emulation world? Wanne learn somthing, or have a question? Post it here and recieve a reply as soon as possible!

Greets.

Synapse
03-04-10, 03:25 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Cocain.

Question: Are there any up-to-date SQL convertors for MaNGOS and ArcEmu? Could someone provide a link please if they happen to find one?

Boxxy
03-04-10, 03:34 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/Spike_Fury/119156151059.jpg

Boxxy
03-04-10, 03:46 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Cocain.

Question: Are there any up-to-date SQL convertors for MaNGOS and ArcEmu? Could someone provide a link please if they happen to find one?

There are ones but there for specific repacks and such, its hard to find just basic arcemu to mangos one at the moment if there even is one.

Pedregon
18-04-10, 04:21 AM
Usefull thread. Stickied.

augie
05-05-10, 07:27 AM
ok question on Elder repack 3.3.3 11685, took an a team of 4 into ToC (yes underteamed but VERY overpowered) anywho on the part before the floor gives (the dark and light mobs sorry forget the names now) it locked, the music kept playing but everything was frozen, when I rebooted everyone was dead, also noticed that none of them drop anything after each challenge? Please help.

Augie

Dimman
05-05-10, 08:10 AM
ok question on Elder repack 3.3.3 11685, took an a team of 4 into ToC (yes underteamed but VERY overpowered) anywho on the part before the floor gives (the dark and light mobs sorry forget the names now) it locked, the music kept playing but everything was frozen, when I rebooted everyone was dead, also noticed that none of them drop anything after each challenge? Please help.

Augie

Ask the repack author, this is information about emulation not why a spell isnt working as it should do in someones repack .

augie
05-05-10, 08:42 AM
ok as most of these are unforunately ripped off of others without credits, any idea who the author/team of this mangos repack is?

Dimman
15-05-10, 04:55 AM
ok as most of these are unforunately ripped off of others without credits, any idea who the author/team of this mangos repack is?

Therealmet is the author of Elder .

Alexial
15-05-10, 08:20 AM
I haven't been in the world of emulation in a while, but I wanted to get a server back up for making movies. My question is, I see two different types of emulation servers now- Repacks and actual Servers (Link MaNGOS, ArcEmu, etc). Setting up a server is the last thing I did, so I'm pretty familiar with it (and how complex and time consuming it can be) and I hear repacks are easier, and would like to give it a shot.

How exactly does one setup a repack? Obviously you have to setup the SQL server via MySQL, but I haven't been able to find directions of how to do this on the net (in relation to emulation at least).

I recently downloaded the Catalyst Cataclysm (CCC) repack, but their website has no way to register, and I can't view their forums (if they even have any? The site looks very empty) without doing that. Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for setting up MySQL in preparation for using a repack? Any info would be appreciated VERY much! Thank you!

Dimman
15-05-10, 09:23 AM
I haven't been in the world of emulation in a while, but I wanted to get a server back up for making movies. My question is, I see two different types of emulation servers now- Repacks and actual Servers (Link MaNGOS, ArcEmu, etc). Setting up a server is the last thing I did, so I'm pretty familiar with it (and how complex and time consuming it can be) and I hear repacks are easier, and would like to give it a shot.

How exactly does one setup a repack? Obviously you have to setup the SQL server via MySQL, but I haven't been able to find directions of how to do this on the net (in relation to emulation at least).

I recently downloaded the Catalyst Cataclysm (CCC) repack, but their website has no way to register, and I can't view their forums (if they even have any? The site looks very empty) without doing that. Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for setting up MySQL in preparation for using a repack? Any info would be appreciated VERY much! Thank you!

Do you want to create a repack ?

Alexial
15-05-10, 03:03 PM
Nope! Just want to use the one I downloaded :) Something tells me this is far more complicated then the last time I set up a server :(

Dimman
15-05-10, 03:08 PM
Nope! Just want to use the one I downloaded :) Something tells me this is far more complicated then the last time I set up a server :(
What do need help with on the repack you Dloaded ?

Alexial
15-05-10, 03:12 PM
Well, I'm not sure I understand how they work.

1) I have the repack.
2) I have the version of WoW (Cata alpha) I want to use

What I need is the 'how I setup MySQL to work with the repack'. Every time I try to download Visual C++ Express it stops at about 68mb and won't finish. I've tried several times now. Is there another program I can use? Or a good guide with a list of alternatives?

I am trying to get this setup:
http://mmopro.net/forums/releases/3880-catalyst-repack-v1-2-cataclysm-11927-a.html

Do I need to already have MaNGOS installed? The one really good guide I found needs to use Visual C++ Express (which I can't get to install) and claims to be out of date? Know of another good one :)?

Dimman
15-05-10, 03:23 PM
Well, I'm not sure I understand how they work.

1) I have the repack.
2) I have the version of WoW (Cata alpha) I want to use

What I need is the 'how I setup MySQL to work with the repack'. Every time I try to download Visual C++ Express it stops at about 68mb and won't finish. I've tried several times now. Is there another program I can use? Or a good guide with a list of alternatives?

I am trying to get this setup:
http://mmopro.net/forums/releases/3880-catalyst-repack-v1-2-cataclysm-11927-a.html

Do I need to already have MaNGOS installed? The one really good guide I found needs to use Visual C++ Express (which I can't get to install) and claims to be out of date? Know of another good one :)?

What version are you trying to install ? the C++

Alexial
15-05-10, 03:26 PM
That would be Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition on Windows XP SP3 system.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of what it does-
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Alexial_MS/InstallBust.jpg

Dimman
15-05-10, 05:26 PM
That would be Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition on Windows XP SP3 system.

Edit: Here is a screenshot of what it does-
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/Alexial_MS/InstallBust.jpg
Wierd :S try install Visual C++ 2008 Express :)

Cocain
16-05-10, 03:20 AM
Wierd :S try install Visual C++ 2008 Express :)

Ye, I've had that problem with some of my cores to (Cores in this case Windows7 to be clear) they've been incompatible for 2005, I don't know why, but that shouldn't happen. This probably is the cause of a Inet file which isn't compatible to the base pack of Windows anymore.

Alexial
16-05-10, 07:24 AM
Ahhh. Alright! I'll see if I can't find a download for that instead. Thanks very much :)

symal
26-07-10, 12:03 PM
Ok, so I've tried a few repacks and I found that some work better than others. All I've tried though are Mangos repacks and I've also tried to setup my own server using a Mangos core, but my real question is which core is better?

By better, I mean, more stable, has the most features and such. I'm used to the Mangos db layout, but I would not object to switching to arcemu or any other core, provided it's stable.

Ideally, I'd like to have something that is as close to an actual blizzard server as possible, but I don't think that that's a possibility just yet.

If it's too complicated to make a server that's even remotely close to an official server, then can somebody recommend a repack that works and is blizzlike in features and also includes an ahbot that is easy to configure and run and also a bot feature so I can basically have my own raid group (I'd seen one repack have that feature, it was very useful, but the mangosd.exe kept crashing).

Thanks!

Dimman
27-07-10, 05:21 AM
Ok, so I've tried a few repacks and I found that some work better than others. All I've tried though are Mangos repacks and I've also tried to setup my own server using a Mangos core, but my real question is which core is better?

By better, I mean, more stable, has the most features and such. I'm used to the Mangos db layout, but I would not object to switching to arcemu or any other core, provided it's stable.

Ideally, I'd like to have something that is as close to an actual blizzard server as possible, but I don't think that that's a possibility just yet.

If it's too complicated to make a server that's even remotely close to an official server, then can somebody recommend a repack that works and is blizzlike in features and also includes an ahbot that is easy to configure and run and also a bot feature so I can basically have my own raid group (I'd seen one repack have that feature, it was very useful, but the mangosd.exe kept crashing).

Thanks!

I would say, Trinity Core. Almost same as mangos but they have more fixed spells but their Db isnt as good as UDB :]

hax0rz
30-07-10, 06:22 AM
To setup a repack just start mysql, the server, and the logon server