PDA

View Full Version : Single play wow repack?

Boxxy
02-04-10, 12:22 PM
I was deciding what to make since im now going to start working on wow servers again and i had always thought of making a single player rpg type of wow repack, basicly all bosses/creatures/monsters would be scaled down to accomidate single players(health and mana scale downs etc) instances would also be changed to single player only(however there would be a setting for multiplayer maby 2 or 3 people in one instance/world via hamachi or other lan).

Would you actualy play something like this? Keep in mind this would allow for more events and better/more scripting options because of the lack of other player variables.

Dimman
02-04-10, 12:29 PM
Not a good idea imo :/ will be kinda boring to play with "myself" no teamwork it will be easier for a paladin to kill a boss than a rogue cuz they can heal... Tank + Dps + Heal <3

FreakStormx
02-04-10, 04:35 PM
True maybe 3 player but not 1

Boxxy
02-04-10, 04:57 PM
Well the whole point is to play "by yourself", whether its easier as a paladin then a rogue has no backfire because there are no other players also even if its easier to play as a paladin then any class it still does not matter because if you want to play another class you will play it.

PFC Tokyo
02-04-10, 07:24 PM
i think its an awesome idea id play on it lol

Cocain
03-04-10, 05:27 AM
If it's get scaled down, with the option to multiplay, like an actual RPG, such as Fallout or w/e I'd like to play it, yes.

Go for it.

Glory
03-04-10, 10:38 AM
I think wow was best made to be played with others. With your own single player repack your tempted to cheat anyway haha .mod level 80 done :p

Boxxy
03-04-10, 11:36 AM
@Glory thats why i make a custom mysql database with a password you cant edit and only has one account thats not gm.

Cocain
03-04-10, 02:39 PM
I think wow was best made to be played with others. With your own single player repack your tempted to cheat anyway haha .mod level 80 done :p

You can easly take account details away. Meaning GM ranks. For example you can higher the rates, if the normal leveling goes to slow, kaydone.

StickyIcky
03-04-10, 11:15 PM
@Glory thats why i make a custom mysql database with a password you cant edit and only has one account thats not gm.

Then you can just take the data files and transfer that over to another mysql db

Or read the configs...

Theirs many ways to find out or bypass the mysql server from your own PC.

Glory
04-04-10, 09:29 AM
I'm not trying to put you down its a cool idea I was just saying my preference.

Boxxy
04-04-10, 11:46 AM
Then you can just take the data files and transfer that over to another mysql db

Or read the configs...

Theirs many ways to find out or bypass the mysql server from your own PC.

Who cares? If they want to cheat i don't give a shit let them ruin there game.

Robertito0
05-07-10, 12:36 PM
Hey, I'm new here and I bumped into your thread.

I'd be really interested in something like this. Did the project go through? If so, how's it going?

Boxxy
05-07-10, 03:11 PM
Well i just got back into wow and emus etc so we will see how it goes, its always been something im interested in since yknow i have no friends. Ill work on it.

Robertito0
06-07-10, 04:15 PM
Great, let me know how you are doing.

I don't know anyone who plays wow so I thought about this when I first started playing and more so since I reached the level cap. Sometimes you get tired of waiting for party members to get off the battleground or whatever they're doing (or maybe you don't have the time to wait). That turns improving your pve equipment into an endless task. Also the shortage of healers and/or tanks in some servers can be a bit annoying.

P.S.: Sorry if my writing is a little messy. English is not my first language.

Boxxy
07-07-10, 03:42 PM
I might hold off on actual development until cataclysm comes out, with all the new features coming out in beta alot of which would be great for a single player type rpg i really don't want to start and then restart to implement them.

EDITLOL

Disregard that im totally starting now with a alpha emulator and im going to slowly build up the repack until cataclysm is officially released, then i will release it probably =).

Robertito0
08-07-10, 08:26 AM
Ha ha. What made you change yor mind? Couldn't wait to start, maybe? ;)

Waiting for Cataclysm to release it sounds logical. It'll feel like a different game.

Keep me posted.

Wolf3d
08-07-10, 03:23 PM
It's a very good idea, I've seen many people including myself who like to playings mmos alone, should be good to have single player instances and bosses.

Boxxy
10-07-10, 03:38 AM
---delete--

Boxxy
11-07-10, 02:24 PM
I actually just started and im contemplating weather i should make an epic worgen story, or dumb it down and fix every start location for every race at the cost of goblin/worgen storys.

Robertito0
27-07-10, 09:09 AM
Hey, how's the project going? Did you make up your mind about your dilemma?

I guess it depends on how excited you're about the new races. Personally, I'm looking forward to see Azeroth redone and to be able to fly anywhere. I'll probabbly try a worgen, but that's not what interests me the most about Cataclysm.

Bottom line, it comes down to you personal taste.

Boxxy
27-07-10, 08:13 PM
Gosh im not even sure anymore, im still interested in doing this but i think im going to officially wait till cat is released retail wise and i get a decent arcemu server to run it with. Not that using mangos is hard its just extremely and i mean extremely! time consuming to develop anything on it besides retail quests,npcs etc, i just find arecmu to be quicker so yes im going to most likely wait for a arc based release. Till then tho im messing around with a concept right now for something a bit different involving the zones that are not going to be changed(northrend, emerald dream and outlands) we will see how that goes.

Robertito0
28-07-10, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I guess waiting for the release is the sensible thing to do. I didn't know Mangos and Arcemu were so different. In that case, the friendlier software is the way to go.

What are you planning on doing with those areas? I think it's a great idea since Outland is the least interesting part of the game (along with most 40-60 areas of Azeroth).

Boxxy
28-07-10, 03:08 PM
Yea its not that there so so diffrent just arcemu is simpler and with the massive amount of new npcs i need to create and or delete its just going to take me forever.

Well im planning on doing some sort of lead up to the cataclysm story wise with quests etc and also a ton of phasing, i did something similar for wotlk back in the day and i think i can pull it off.

Bing
29-07-10, 12:21 PM
That would be a good idea, but maybe if it was a CPU Squad based where you were, either: the Tank, the Healer or the Damage. But overall I believe it would be kind of boring! But some people like that.

Boxxy
29-07-10, 01:04 PM
Actually i was thinking of just scraping the whole idea of everything scaled down for single players and instead adding in some sort of companion system like you said, theres a quest in northrend on the alliance side were they do something similar you rescue npcs and they become sort of like a member in a raid, healer and damage dealer etc.

Bing
29-07-10, 01:14 PM
I would most definitely play something like that and not be bored! But in fact it would be quite easy to do if you look at it. Basically make the "companions" pets, and furthermore customize them from there to have healing spells, or tank spells and such. It's a very good idea, but the whole idea of scaling EVERYTHING down would be very, very time consuming and would could end up not popular at all. So the companion idea looks to be a more feasible idea!

Boxxy
29-07-10, 02:25 PM
Yup it is really easy, all blizzard did for the quest i was talking about was make some npcs become your companions and give them spells related to the class they were supposed to be priest, rogue, etc. I would still want them to be able to die though so i will have to look into it a little more, but besides that i could care less about control like with a hunter pet or something like that, i think just having them there following you and attacking whenever you get into combat will be sufficient.

Though im going to have to go ahead and hold onto developing this for a while because i will be on vacation for 2 weeks out of my country, if anyone wants to go ahead and start on this feel free to use the idea.

Bing
29-07-10, 02:57 PM
Hmm, I would try! But I honestly do not know where to start!

hax0rz
30-07-10, 06:22 AM
Just use an sql to divide every boss with over 100,000 hp by 100 or something :P

Bing
30-07-10, 04:26 PM
I have the perfect tool for a companion type gameplay. I just so happened to see this on the MaNGOS forum, and I thought, HOLY F$#K thats just what we needed! It's called playerbot. It lets you login your other characters from your account as bots that can be controlled. Each class also has PlayerbotAI classes to automate combat, facilitate trade, accept quests, complete quests, handle movement, manage inventory. This can no doubt, be modified to do what you want Boxxy.

Robertito0
31-07-10, 02:10 AM
That sounds great. I think it would still need some kind of downscaling for groups of 3 (tank, dps and healer), specially in raids. Also because the AI of your companions could never replace an actual person controlling the character.

Another interesting addtion would be the ability to learn more than 2 professions. Since you' wouldn't be able to trade materials with other players, it'd be impossible to craft many items.

Dimman
31-07-10, 08:41 AM
Retarded idea

Bing
31-07-10, 09:53 AM
That sounds great. I think it would still need some kind of downscaling for groups of 3 (tank, dps and healer), specially in raids. Also because the AI of your companions could never replace an actual person controlling the character.

Another interesting addtion would be the ability to learn more than 2 professions. Since you' wouldn't be able to trade materials with other players, it'd be impossible to craft many items.

That's why you have 4 other companions to have 2 professions each. Totaling eight altogether. Jewelcrafting/Enchanting, Engineering/Blacksmithing, Inscription/Alchemy, Tailoring/Leatherworking.

Or some other combos if you want to include professions that are for Mats. Skinning, Mining and Herbalism!

Bing
31-07-10, 09:55 AM
Also, not if you have good enough scripts. You can script the AI to be the best Damage, Tanks or Healers!

Avidgamer
01-08-10, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I believe this could work pretty well - given decent enough scripts, events etc. and if the bosses and mobs are scaled down. Really depends on how the player likes to play, if they only like PvP, then this would definetly not be for them.

HalionReborn
01-08-10, 03:45 PM
It could work, especially with the help of Bing's player bot ;)

Boxxy
13-08-10, 10:23 PM
Retarded idea

Retard
---------------

Back and um wow guys lots of ideas tons of stuff is like hitting me all at once gime a few days to think aboot all of this.

Boxxy
14-08-10, 02:01 PM

The proffesions thing is quite easy to implement since you can do it in the configs.

Boxxy
14-08-10, 02:02 PM
I have the perfect tool for a companion type gameplay. I just so happened to see this on the MaNGOS forum, and I thought, HOLY F$#K thats just what we needed! It's called playerbot. It lets you login your other characters from your account as bots that can be controlled. Each class also has PlayerbotAI classes to automate combat, facilitate trade, accept quests, complete quests, handle movement, manage inventory. This can no doubt, be modified to do what you want Boxxy.

Ive used those bots before it just ends up being a huge pain really but ill think about it.

Avidgamer
14-08-10, 05:49 PM
It's probably one of the only ways to make it a "single" player repack I think, without scaling all the mobs down to the likes of trash mobs, which would just be boring.

memlock
04-11-10, 04:45 PM
Its something i have been hopeing to find myself to be honest so i like the idea, i would play thats for certain.
i was never a big fan of the groupwork with WoW, but loved it otherwise

JaskSkull
06-11-10, 05:12 PM
mmm i dont like to much the idea of playing alone =S sorry

nyk82uk
18-07-11, 02:35 PM
play with yourself is, possible. as long as u got some controlable bots / support bots (like guildwars n there hencemen)

courtjester12804
26-07-11, 09:00 AM
I think this would be a good idea. I do not like playing with other people in general (stolen mobs, elitist garbage, etc) and there aren't any new RPGs that peak my interest. I know the ins and outs of WoW and this intrigues me to either help you or do something similar. Been working on a few projects lately but they aren't very long-term (Year-round single person fantasy football vs cpu opponents based on last year's stats, and a new version of MtG's old game Shandalar).

shumi
28-07-11, 03:27 PM
It's a good idea. I allways wanted to make a single player wow.
Sounds like a good idea.