PDA

View Full Version : How to Compile Scripts

StickyIcky
25-07-08, 02:29 AM
Octanen's Scripts Compiling Guide

Hiya guys, seen a few folks ask for a scripts compilations guide.

So here it is smile.gif

If you have allready tried to compile ArcEMU, then this would be a piece of cake, but if its the first time ever try, before you have compiled ArcEMU, then read along and you will learn its pretty quickly, its really not hard.

First of all, lets see...

Some people use LUA scripts from the ArcEMU, mixed with some others like Moon++, thats what im doing, and will show you how to do, then later on you can replace Moon++ with a new or other one if you wish.

Compile ArcEMU

Here i would say read Darknation's Compiling guide, i used it and im no expert yet and it all worked out, just take a cup of coffee (or cola if you hate coffee smile.gif ) and follow all the steps carefully.

Guide right here (http://www.d2-link.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347)

Start compiling the scripts

Now that you have just compiled ArcEMU you should have a folder named BIN inside your SVN folder for the ArcEMU mine was i.e.
D:\Warcraft Private Server\Emulator Core Files\Core\trunk

Now just let it stay there with your newest rev and dont touch it further for now.
Now lets get into compiling our lovely scripts, so that the bosses are more exciting and use their spells and such.

Go into your ...\trunk\src folder there you will find a script folder.
in there you will find a files called: scripts2003 scripts2005 scripts2008

Now if youre using Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 or 2008 Pro, you should use the coresponded scripts200X file and start it.
After youre inside your visual studio you do the following. (Im using Visual Studio 2008 Pro on a Vista Ultimate 64bit but compile them as win32 since x64 is buggy)

1. change your Solution configuration to Release and Win32.

Now press Build -> Build Solution

Now it should start compiling without any issues at all... if you use the newest cores for ArcEMU.

Now inside your ...\trunk\bin\Release folder you should have a script_bin folder just like i do:

Now you have a ArcEMU newest rev compiled together with scripts, that wasent so hard was it??

If you want Moon++ compiled? Then follow this tutorial as well :-)

Now here comes the IMPORTANT part as far i figured out if you want to use Moon++ scripts also.
rename the Script_bin folder to Script (i think its the same if you want to use additional other scripts) But let all the scripts and exe files you just compiled stay in the release folder. Now i will teach you how to compile Moon++ into the ArcEMU core.

Download newest Moon++ rev from this SVN using Turtoise SVN or other program:

http://mmoforge.org/svn/moon

or use the one i just zipped down and uploaded which is the newest downloaded 19 July 2008

Download Moon++ Scripts (http://filebeam.com/ceada306ba3e78e5880b1642e0bf9b16)

Now go to your ArcEMU core files go to the folder: ...\trunk\src and create a folder named "Moonscripts"
Now it should all look like on the screenshot:

Now if you have used th SVN to download the newest Moon++ you should download them through the SVN
to a folder placed somewhere else, like on desktop or where ever.

When you have downloaded it through the SVN place the content from the TRUNK from Moon++ into the folder you made earlier in ...\trunk\src\Moonscripts

Allrighty now that everything is in place. Go into your Moonscripts folder and find the suitable file: scripts2003 scripts2005 or scripts2008 again depending on which Visual Studio version you use, i use 2008 for Visual Studio 2008 Pro.

When you start it, then simply change the Solution Configuration to Release and Win32, just like on the screenshot:

It should compile with no errors and work like a charm.

NOW the final part so you can go and have fun with your server.

In your ...\trunk\bin\Release folder you should now have 2 script folders script and script_bin

Now you can copy all the content to your server and start it with all the configs and such like Darknation explained in his ArcEMU Tutorial.

You dont need to replace the configs just the content from the release folder, i usually delete the script and script_bin before updating to dont get any issues if there should be any.

Now youre ready.

Hope the guide was easy to understand, and that you now know how to compile your scripts into the core.

I mearly explain how to compile, is some Guards, Spells dont work, dont ask me, go to the forums!

Its 8am when i started to write this, so if there are any questions regarding how to compile or if i made an error or mistake then feel free to ask or post here.

ENJOY! :-)

StickyIcky
01-08-08, 01:51 PM
That means you need to set up the directories on your project...

The easiest way to do it is just add your scripts to the GossipScript project or the ExtraScript project if you have it...

Vlad
28-07-10, 09:07 AM
thanks

herneshadow
29-07-10, 06:38 AM
thank you for the help here. will get coding on some new tools right away.

Bing
29-07-10, 03:59 PM
I think it would be EVEN better, if you decided to add some screenshots to this masterpiece!