PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] How to make Custom Weapons Work Properly

Pedregon
20-05-10, 06:07 PM
Thanks to blizzard, you can no longer use custom weapons's unless there item "ID" is already in the game/ DBC's. You would get an error saying "you need to equip a weapon".

Here's a guide on how to get over it and use custom item's;

1. Create the custom weapon.

2. Go to this link for a list of unused item id's that are already in the dbc's and use an item id listed in it.

http://pastebin.ca/1799396

3. Execute the custom weapon into your database and it should work correctly.

Credits to:

deep6ixed for the unused weapon id list

Dimman
21-05-10, 12:49 AM
I don't think you have to do this on MaNGOS, i made a sword(id : 999998) and i was able to equip it. :)

Apple
21-05-10, 01:19 AM
you can equip but you can't cast spells from melee with custom weapons ;p

MikExV™
21-05-10, 01:21 PM
+rep when I can, but can you repost it? pastebin is not working right it gives me an error,

500 - Internal Server Error

Repost it please :D

colvinjmathew
18-06-10, 04:55 PM
its also worth noting on trinity atleast, if you change the display id of an unused item, it will use the display id of the unused item, not the one you make.
i have tested this on trinity only

Dimman
18-06-10, 07:19 PM
you can equip but you can't cast spells from melee with custom weapons ;p
Oh... but yea who cares wotlk destroied all the Fun/Custom Servers/Repacks... Cataclysm will kill the blizz-ones then we got nohing left lol :(

Pre-Wotlk was like awesome 24/7. The red "?" we're annoying but it will still easy to make custom items : >

Furyan
13-07-10, 09:40 PM
I was really needing this.

Zelos
07-09-10, 09:30 PM
I know this topic is a bit old but I felt I had to share this asap.

I've found Frostmourne's id on the list.

Its entry is 36942 on the list. If you make a custom item and use that entry id for it it will appear as frostmourne ingame. It wont have a Question mark icon. it wil be clickable equiped. Will work with your abilities as the screenshot shows.

I'm going through this whole list and exploring the items. I'll prolly share them sooner or later. You guys should try out some those ids. A lot look really nice.

jovee
11-09-10, 07:09 PM
So with this IDs custom weapons working perfectly ?
Anyone tested this ?

Zelos
11-09-10, 11:06 PM
So with this IDs custom weapons working perfectly ?
Anyone tested this ?
Yeah. They do. Only you can't change their displayID & sheath. Otherwise they work so well!