PDA

View Full Version : Using E-Mail as Login Name

svegas
30-07-10, 10:02 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm running a Mangos server.Today, I had the idea to use an E-Mail as loginname, but somehow it does not work. E-Mail adress is registered correctly in my DB. Is there an option which allows me to use an E-Mail adress as login or is it something I have to code? Or is it even possible?

Greetings!

Dimman
30-07-10, 10:25 AM
put email in account name ?

svegas
30-07-10, 10:42 AM
Exactly! For Example: Instead of "admin" I want to use "[email protected]"

Greetings :)

Dimman
30-07-10, 12:57 PM
did it work ?

Update `accounts` Set `accountname` = [email protected] Where `accountname` = admin;

svegas
30-07-10, 01:02 PM
Hi Fatcow,

no. The mail adress was entered correctly into the table, I already did that. But when I try to log ingame, it says the entered data would be wrong.. Does it work on your server??

Dimman
30-07-10, 02:30 PM
i think you need to change the core to read the email adress instead of the account name .

Bing
30-07-10, 04:39 PM
Yeah, try modifying your core files! Not exactly sure where as I've never bothered with this topic.

svegas
30-07-10, 05:52 PM
Yeah, try modifying your core files! Not exactly sure where as I've never bothered with this topic.
Do you think it's difficult? I never touched C++, only Java... So I've downloaded the source and there's a line which is called something like: "normalizestring(accountname)." Maybe this method(I dont know how its called in c++ :) ) removes characters like "@".

zwroblewski
24-09-10, 02:14 PM
You can find out how to use c++ normally you google it or you goto youtube :D

MikExV™
29-09-10, 08:21 PM
Should work just by changing the account name and refreshing the tables, but if it doesnet the Core may be thinking that the user name is the email, not shore, you could prob check out this issue in the core for the logon server for mangos. Just check the configurations of the core.