PDA

View Full Version : Which Core?

jovee
07-08-10, 09:32 PM
Hello guys...
You wanna make server and you don't know witch emulator is best for your server ?
In my opinion following emulators are for:

Arcemu is for FunServer
Mangos is for Blizzlike / HighRate
Trinity is for Blizzlike / PVP

i think this kind of guide will help some one about his "Plans" about his server (:

Dimman
08-08-10, 12:07 AM
Arcemu is for Failure / PPl who wants to fix spells & bugs
Mangos is for Blizzlike / HighRate / Fun
Trinity is for Blizzlike / HighRate / Fun

Ascent (New revived): Will replace Arc?

Avidgamer
08-08-10, 04:44 AM
Not really Fatcow, it depends on the users opinion. If they want a more difficult core to compile/code for then they'd go for mangos which is also more stable. However, if they are new to Emulation, the right choice (in my opinion) would be ArcEmu, as it's relatively stable and also extremely easy to modify and code for (LUA).

There is no right or wrong answer, it's the users preference.

Dimman
08-08-10, 08:24 AM
Arcemu is outdated, lazy developers & they have like 10% working spells.
ShyEmu is a better option lol

Avidgamer
08-08-10, 08:40 AM
In your opinion.. doesn't make it fact..

Dimman
08-08-10, 08:44 AM
Uhm lol, Arcemu have a few good patches, but they have never been as good as
Mangos/Trinity & Ascent.

LiLLeCarl
08-08-10, 08:46 AM
Not really Fatcow, it depends on the users opinion. If they want a more difficult core to compile/code for then they'd go for mangos which is also more stable. However, if they are new to Emulation, the right choice (in my opinion) would be ArcEmu, as it's relatively stable and also extremely easy to modify and code for (LUA).

There is no right or wrong answer, it's the users preference.
Avidgamer you fail Arcemu is bad in all ways for hosting a server, TrinityCore For PvP Server's, MaNGOS for PvE Server's, Oregoncore for 2.4.3 Server's.......

Anyone that says arcemu is good got a big error somewhere inside

Dimman
08-08-10, 08:48 AM
3.3.5 Cores
Mangos
TrinityCore

Oregon
TrinityCore
Ascent

TrinityZero

jovee
08-08-10, 08:50 AM
Ye i know that about Arcemu ....
It sux, but its very easy to make lua scripts so you can make your fun server (with teleporters, custom npcs etc..)
<3 Mangos (:

LiLLeCarl
08-08-10, 09:30 AM
Ye i know that about Arcemu ....
It sux, but its very easy to make lua scripts so you can make your fun server (with teleporters, custom npcs etc..)
<3 Mangos (:

ever heard about ScriptDev2? you make "lua's" in the database instead XD

Dimman
08-08-10, 10:09 AM
ever heard about ScriptDev2? you make "lua's" in the database instead XD
+:cool: lol

Avidgamer
08-08-10, 10:56 AM
I fail because I'm not a brainless sheep that follows everyone else? It's NOT a fact that ArcEmu is bad in all ways, considering people still use it. It's your opinion. Next time, use your brain before posting...

Retard.

Dimman
08-08-10, 11:17 AM
"considering people still use it"

By that you meen all the new people thats being told by noobs that Arcemu is the best core?
I agree its an easy core but its bad.

Avidgamer
08-08-10, 05:24 PM
No, in your opinion it's bad, in other's it's not... I'm not debating about whether it is or not, it's just retarded how people can't see others can have their own point of view without people saying "omg your wrong"

****ing idiots...

Dimman
08-08-10, 06:08 PM
No, in your opinion it's bad, in other's it's not... I'm not debating about whether it is or not, it's just retarded how people can't see others can have their own point of view without people saying "omg your wrong"

****ing idiots...
Relax...
Tell me whats good about Arc and what makes it so epic then ?

Bing
08-08-10, 08:48 PM
I think that the only good thing about ArcEmu is that it's noob friendly.

LiLLeCarl
11-08-10, 05:25 AM
I think that the only good thing about ArcEmu is that it's noob friendly.
when you tell me whats easier with arcemu then MaNGOS based cores ill trust you, i mean mangos got almost everything database handled and that means that a nub that cant compile the core can as example fix the proc chance on a trinket.... also its only one creature table wich makes it easier for nubs to find what they want on their creatures, i remember first time i made a wow server i didnt know what creature_proto where.
I mean sure its maby harder in some cases because everything really is configurable without modding the core but just dont touch that and its easier:P exept git its a ***** :D mercurial is much easier :P

// Lille