PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

jovee
16-08-10, 10:16 PM
What is different between Windows 7 x32 Bit and Windows 7 x64 Bit ?

Blacklisted
17-08-10, 12:02 AM
Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what%27s+the+difference+between+windows+7+32+bi t+and+64+bit) This is what you need :)

Dimman
17-08-10, 05:16 AM
Here ya go .

The terms 32-bit and 64-bit refer to the way a computer's processor (also called a CPU), handles information. The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system. For more details, go to A description of the differences between 32-bit versions of Windows Vista and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=111538) online.

You can address much more than 4GB of memory, which is ideal for avid gamers, CAD, video editors and heavy multi-taskers. However, any 32 bit software you use will still be restricted to 4GB memory – you need a 64 bit CPU, OS and applications to take full advantage of the extra RAM.
16 bit applications will no longer run. Although this is unlikely to be a problem, if you use very old software (from the Windows 3.1 days!) then it will not work under a 64 bit OS.
Existing 32 bit drivers no longer work.If you have older or poorly supported hardware you may find that it can no longer be used. Got a 7 year old scanner that just about works in Vista? You may not be able to get it working in 64 bit Windows 7.
Unsigned kernel-mode drivers no longer work. Along with the issue above, the inability to run unsigned kernel mode drivers will cause problems for old hardware. (There is reportedly a way to bypass this check).
Running some 32 bit applications on a 64 bit OS could actually be slower. The additional overheads in running 32 bit software in 64 bit mode could cause a slight degradation in performance. It will take some time for 64 bit software to become the norm.

jovee
17-08-10, 10:15 AM
Thanks very much guys (:

Blacklisted
17-08-10, 12:41 PM
No problem. I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 edition. I like it, but than again I'm coming from Windows XP heh.