PDA

View Full Version : My Backpacking Trip Around Europe in the Summer of 2012

Bing
17-09-10, 04:14 PM
My Europe Trip

I have been planning this for awhile now, it's going to be amazing, I know it. I've planned where to stay, how to travel, where to travel etc. I worked off a travel route from google maps, showing me a route and I looked through various Train route maps for each country, sticking as close to the blue line as possible.

My trip is as follows: Madrid, Spain to Pau, France to Bordeaux, France to Tours, France to Paris, France to Lille, France. I will take a ferry from Lille, France to Dunkerque, England. Then to London, England to Manchester, England to Liverpool, England then a Ferry to Dublin, Ireland. Then when I am done there, I will follow the same route to Lille, France to Amsterdam, Holland to Osnabruck, Germany to Frankfurt, Germany to Strasbourg, Germany to Switzerland to Milan, Italy to Balogna, Italy and then finally end my trip in Rome, Italy.

Along my travels I will be touring the places in each main city I decide to stop in. Staying at youth hostels so the cost of staying a night won't take so much out of my budget as a hotel would. I am going to start saving as soon as I start working (I have parents that agreed to pay for university :3), I know when I start working next summer, in the two months that I will be there and not spend any money, I will have saved a total of $14,000. So I am expecting to be able to do lots in the time I am touring around Europe!

Below is a picture of where I am going exactly, and the exact route I will be taking. Although, you must take into consideration that this trip is planned for 2012. Nothing is set in stone! Feel free to chip in some information about the various areas that I'll be stopping in! I rather a personal experience than some "official" testimonial from a website!

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3285/tripi.png (http://img840.imageshack.us/i/tripi.png/)

RED represents Train Routes
YELLOW represents Walking Routes
GREEN represents Ferry Routes
THE STARS represent Stop Locations

Dimman
17-09-10, 05:19 PM
You forgot Sweden... :(

Bing
17-09-10, 05:47 PM
Sweden is too far out of the way! Maybe during another trip that I plan, I'll go through Sweden, Denmark, Finland etc!

Torak Firenze
27-02-11, 10:42 AM
Looks pretty fun! :) Hope you enjoyed it :)

giminar
15-06-11, 10:43 AM
I need to do this... I think I will..

parranoia
26-06-11, 10:45 PM
This looks pretty intense. Have fun!