PDA

View Full Version : How To Setup 2 Realms With 2 Different Repacks

Deathbringer
26-09-10, 08:58 PM
Since i no longer play WoW i don't have the pictures anymore because i deleted everything. if a mod wants to delete this thread then please do.
Note: I'm using 2 different repacks for two realms 1 I Compiled myself and the other i got on MMOPro :) still it should work for ya. When you start the server up run realmd 1 and mangos 1 then just run mangos 2 for your second realm and your good to go. :)

Dimman
30-09-10, 02:10 PM
Thanks for sharing, nice layout tho :)

(Wrong section, moved*)

zwroblewski
30-09-10, 04:23 PM
Question: Is there anyway to run the same server off of two computers??? Thanks
On topic: Nice Thread dude ;)

Deathbringer
30-09-10, 11:09 PM
Thanks for sharing, nice layout tho :)

(Wrong section, moved*)

Thanks For Moving :)

Question: Is there anyway to run the same server off of two computers??? Thanks
On topic: Nice Thread dude ;)
You Should Be Able To Just Change The Ports EX: comp 1 port 8805 comp 2 port 8806 Then Just Copy your repack to a flash drive or external hard drive place your repack on the second comp and then just follow the pics above. ill test this later on my test machine to see if it works :)

zwroblewski
01-10-10, 08:45 AM
Ok because me and my team are setting up a server to knock out the top servers and we need more realms and my computer right now only can hold 5 realms at once :)

Deathbringer
01-10-10, 12:21 PM
Ok because me and my team are setting up a server to knock out the top servers and we need more realms and my computer right now only can hold 5 realms at once :)
Works Perfect Locally
If you can check to see if making it Public works as well
it should work if your using No-IP / DYN-DNS just add a second host.
If anything goes wrong while making your 6-7-8 or more Realms Public let me know and ill see wat i can do :D

zwroblewski
02-10-10, 09:37 AM
Works Perfect Locally
If you can check to see if making it Public works as well
it should work if your using No-IP / DYN-DNS just add a second host.
If anything goes wrong while making your 6-7-8 or more Realms Public let me know and ill see wat i can do :D

Thanks man now we can get more people to help out :D all worked!

Dimman
02-10-10, 01:07 PM

May i ask whats the point of havin 5+ realms ?
Im curious :)

Deathbringer
03-10-10, 12:02 AM
Thanks man now we can get more people to help out :D all worked!
NP Glad Everything Works :)

Stormy
05-10-10, 01:05 PM
I have a question, in you example you are running 2 of the same types i.e. mangos and they are both running of realmd login, is it possible to run 2 different types? Say a Trinity which uses a Auth login, and a mangos with uses a realmd. I have tried to change the mangos and tell it to go to Auth, but that didnt work, said it couldn't find realmd?
I have a fun realm from 1 repack its trinity, and I wanted to run TRM's Repack from here. Is this possible?

Thanks

Dimman
05-10-10, 03:38 PM
@ Stormy, you might have to recode the core to fit with the other but i've never tried mangos & trinity on the same realm.

Stormy
05-10-10, 05:26 PM
Thanks Dimman for the quick response. I'm new to the Emulator Scene, and I am self taught, thru many, many tutorials and mistakes. I download Repacks just to get them up and running and fix any problems or issues I run into. I have even managed to compile my own Core once or twice. Recoding a core, well my eyes just glossed over on that one. Well let me see if I can find a tutorial, maybe give it a go.:D

Deathbringer
07-10-10, 12:12 PM
I have a question, in you example you are running 2 of the same types i.e. mangos and they are both running of realmd login, is it possible to run 2 different types? Say a Trinity which uses a Auth login, and a mangos with uses a realmd. I have tried to change the mangos and tell it to go to Auth, but that didnt work, said it couldn't find realmd?
I have a fun realm from 1 repack its trinity, and I wanted to run TRM's Repack from here. Is this possible?

Thanks
Hmm great question ill have to compile or download a trinity repack and see if i can get it to work.
Did you try and re name Authlogin to realmd and then run your mangos and trinity off of that realmd ? (not sure if it will work) But worth a Try :)
If it doesn't work let me know and ill see if i can get it to work (But As Dimman post you may have to recode the core)

michoacano094
09-01-12, 12:07 PM
thanks for sharing is a good info :D