PDA

View Full Version : Making Quests port players somewhere

Kreegoth
07-09-08, 08:58 PM
The simplest way is to download the ADE program here from the downloads section(which i did not make) if anyone requests it i will write a guide on how to do this without using the program but this is much easier.

After starting the program click the Quests tab at the top.

Under entry ID put whatever you want i suggest using a High number so you know it isnt already taken so for the sake of arguement lets use 99888

Moving to the box to the right it says Type:
regular (0) means it is just a regular quest like the ones you encounter normally while playing wow..

For this guide we will be using regular type (though you can use any of the options available and it will just change the header that it appears under in the quest log)

The box to the right of this says Quest Title:
You do not input anything into this box as it will be inserted automatically as you fill out another field.

in the field that says Time limit we will be leaving this blank as well as were not concerned with giving players a time limit to be finished the quest.

Under Zone you have Two options You can leave it blank and the quest in the quest log will show up under missing header most likely.. Or you can search out for the zone you are going to be putting the quest in.. Myself since i use this guide to create a TeleNPC i left it blank as the NPC will be in multiple zones.

The next field is Quest sort: Here i usually put it to Epic or such But you can just as easily leave it as None it really makes little difference for our purposes here.

Previous quest ID:leave blank

Next quest ID :Blank as well

For the quest level obviously put the required level you want to do this quest Personally i like putting it so that lvl 1 can port to major cities and lvl 58 can port to Shattrath.

(IMPORTANT)
If you wish players to be able to use the quest repeatedly obviously make sure repeatable is checkmark next to Quest level.

For Flags select Repeatable[8] and Speak to [4]

Special Flags leave blank

Under the Texts Tab in the title field type whatever you want the quest to be called and notice as you fill this field in it also fills in the Title field above.

Under description type what you want the NPC to say to the player as he sees the accept quest screen.

Leave the next three tabs blank

IN the Rewards tab there is a field named Cast spell..

here is where you insert the Spell id for the portal.
*Note you are using the PORTAL EFFECT spell not the PORTAL spell)
thunderbluff is 17610
Darnassus is 17608
Exodar is 32268
ironforge is 17607
Orgrimmar is 17609
Shattrath is 33728
stormwind is 17344
Silvermoon is 32270
Karazhan is 28147

Placing one of these values in the reward field will cause the NPC to port you to selected place upon speaking to him a second time after accepting the quest.

Then click the button on the bottom right that says update/insert and it should says quest created successfully

After this is done click the tab at the VERY Top of the program called Linker

Under the quests tab Type in your Quests ID (in our case it was 99888)
then click Edit.

The first field on the left underneath is Starters Npc's Click the ... that appears there and type in Npc name you are searching for or at the bottom type in the Id if you know that

Complete the Quests starters portion in the same manner

*NOTE*
I personally find it much easier to just enter the game on my admin account Target the mob i want the quest to be on and type .quest addboth 99888

*NOTE* you will have to set this quest up and add the quest to a NPC a total of 8 times just to put in the major cities as you have to add a quest to each city individually.

After you have added the quest to the NPC shutdown the server
Clear you cache and log back in and your Npc Should now have the teleport quests available..

if not you might have done something wrong.

Credits :Kreegoth