PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Guide In Game

Aeroscythe
25-07-08, 01:51 AM
Hey guys, this isn't any 1-70 or anything guide. This is a simple addon that I thought I wanted to share with ******* before the year has ended.

What this addon is, its a quest database in-game. Personally I hate alt tabbing to thottbot or something and search for quest information. I just look in my quest log and PRESTO! Theres the quest info.

Heres more info:

WHDB is a quest info database that integrates into your quest log, provides location and drop info for monsters and item objectives and quest comments.

WHDB can plot notes with objective locations into the map if you are using one of these addons: [OPTIONAL]

* Cartographer
* Metamap
* MapNotes.

Also it try to plot comments coordinates if found.

The quest database provides comments, locations and drop info from Wowhead using the comments database from qData project (also in cursegaming) and two more databases created by me that contains npc locations and item drops.

Also, WHDB can integrate with [OPTIONAL]:

* Extended Quest Log 3 (EQL3)
* QuestGuru

I will add support for other addons (that not use the default quest log frame) in future versions. Note that this addon is mainly designed for the original blizzard's quest log.

WHDB provides too some commandline commands to search info for quests you don't have.

For now it consumes about 14mb of memory to store all the databases. I plan to reduce this by partitioning the databases betwen level ranges and using load on demand but for now it's affordable. At least it produces minium garbage.

Use /whdb help to get info about the slash commands available.

Note: Cartographer, Metamap or MapNotes are OPTIONAL. EQL3 and QuestGuru are supported but NOT NEEDED AT ALL. qData is included in the package.

Note2: WHDB stands for WowHeadDataBase.DL Link:http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/10121/download/53771/

Blindguard
24-01-09, 02:56 PM
This is a simple addon that I thought I wanted to share with *******

MMOpro* Much better ;)
And thanks for sharing!