PDA

View Full Version : Shamans: Feral Spirits

sculptor85
13-01-09, 06:54 AM
Hey Everyone, joined the community just tonight and found a LOT of awesome repacks on here. However I did noticed a bit of a trend. None of the repacks have Feral Spirits working for the Shamans.

I'm not sure if I'm climbing up the wrong flagpole here, but I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this fixed. Otherwise I'm just gonna start digging around and see if I can script it out myself. Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't ask for help before I try it myself.

QQrofl
13-01-09, 12:33 PM
If it does not work, It will probably get fixed, In a later revision.

sculptor85
13-01-09, 06:33 PM
Have you had a chance to test it on your server? If so, is there a difference on your server than the repack you've made? The DBC files are all fresh and updated, but i still can't get Feral Spirits or Killing Spree to work.

Thanks

QQrofl
13-01-09, 06:59 PM
No, I have not tested it out. What does it do to make it not work? Maybe i can fix it.

sculptor85
14-01-09, 03:40 AM
I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot it myself but I'll try and get a world.exe dump when the character uses the ability. As a user all you see is the character do an emote but no dogs show up. I'm guessing there might be something in the actual .cpp files that need to be fixed. I'll also be posting in regards to Killing Spree and some of the patches I saw on the arcemu site in regards to that.

UPDATE:

I was able to find a report of this issue back in November of 2008. It looks like it's going back to the .cpp files. I'll be doing a little more digging myself and keep you posted.

INFO TO COME:

1. Dump of world.exe when Feral Spirits is used
2. Same for Killing Spree
3. Possible .cpp revisions to fix Feral Spirits
4. Same for Killing Spree

I'll see if I can get a run down on more abilities that have issues and see if anyone has solved them.

1. Here is the Dump from world.exe when Feral Spirits is used:

WORLD: got cast spell packet, spellId - 51533 (Feral Spirit), data length = 10
Spell::cast 51533, Unit: 6
WORLD: Spell effect id = 28 (SUMMON), damage = 2

It does make a call for (SUMMON) but nothing comes up. I'll see if something is missing here but I don't have anything to reference it against (ie: a build where this skill works.)

2. Here is the Dump from world.exe when Killing Spree is used:

WORLD: got cast spell packet, spellId - 51690 (Killing Spree), data length = 10
Spell::cast 51690, Unit: 7
WORLD: Spell effect id = 6 (APPLY_AURA), damage = 0
WORLD: Spell effect id = 3 (DUMMY), damage = 1
WORLD: Spell effect id = 6 (APPLY_AURA), damage = 1

Once again the mechanics seem to be there, but I don't have anything to compare them against to verify what it should look like.

4. I was able to find them mention a fix for Killing Spree on the Arcemu set here:

Changeset 1958

3747 //rogue - Killing Spree Stealth fix
3370 //Rogue - Killing Spree Stealth fix
3748 3371 sp = dbcSpell.LookupEntryForced( 51690 );
3749 3372 if( sp != NULL )
3750 3373 sp->Attribute*** |= ATTRIBUTE***_NOT_BREAK_STEALTH;

However if I'm not mistaken this is just to ensure that stealth isn't broken.

I was just skimming through the results on google and it looks like Toxic WoW has a changelog where they claim to have Killing Spree fixed. I'll look into that and get back.

Blindguard
04-02-09, 02:47 PM
Just relax and wait matey, the revisions should be updated soon and there should be one, working correctly, just wait. Wotlk haven't been out for too long so repacks can't be bug free =) But when/if I find one, I will post it here.

Dr. Emu
06-02-09, 02:04 PM
All the revisions will be updated as blind sad, but you can easly fix it yourself with some c++.... If you are not that good at c++, i can do it for you or just wait for a new rev release.