PDA

View Full Version : [Guide] How to: Create Custom Quests

Sdyess94
19-01-09, 09:35 PM
First you need to know what kind of quest you're going to make, after you've decided, continue with the tutorial.

Lets start off by making the quest.

Open you're Database Viewer, and go to your world database. Look for a table named "quests"(Without the " ofc)

Add a new entry I'm going to use 80000.

Set all the fields to the following:

Entry- 80000( Or whatever you want the Quest ID to be)
Zone- 0
Sort-0
Flags-8
Minlevel- 1(Set this for whatever level you want the quest to be shown, for example, a quest that requires you to be level 55, you would put 55 here.)
Quest Level- Set this to the same thing you set Minlevel to
Type-0
Now just use zeros until you see the column "title". I'll go into more detail in my follow-up tutorial about those columns.
Title- The name of The Quest
Details- The story of the quest, or just telling the end-user something.
Objectives- The objectives of the quest(Telling the player what they need to do for the quest)
CompletionText- The text you see before you turn the quest in
IncompleteText- What you want the quest giver to say if the player hasn't finished the quest yet.
Endtext- You can leave it blank, up to you
ObjectiveText1-4- Tells you what needs to be done and shows if the objective has been completed.

Let's take a break....
Okay Break over,

Go ahead and just use zeros until you see the column "ReqkillmoborGOID"
If you want the player to kill a certain mob, you would place the id. If you wanted the player to collect Gameobjects, you would place the Gameobject's id. There can be up to 4 Deiiferent GObjects or Mobs used for the quest.

Now we go to the columns "ReqkillmoborGOcount" These are used to show how many times the player needs to kill that mob or how many of the gobject needs to be collected.

Go ahead and use zeros after this up to the column "RewchoiceItemID" There are 6 of these columns availiable.
These are used to give you player the choice of which item they want but they can only choose one.

After these the next column is "RewchoiceItemcount" I recommend you DON'T use these. Only use these if you're rewards are food/water or other stackable items. Do not use these for weapons and armor.

Next we have the column "RewItemID"
This column is like the column shown earlier, but it gives the item to the player, they have no choice involved with it. There are 4 of these columns so you can give them up to 4 choiceless rewards.

This next column is just like RewchoiceItemCount. The following rules apply to this column as well.

Go ahead and fill in with zeros until you get to "RewGold". I'm sure you all know what this is. Go ahead and put the amount of goldyou want given to the player for completing the quest.WARNING: AMOUNTS ARE IN COPPER, FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU WERE TO PUT 1000 THE PLAYER WOULD ONLY BE REWARDED 1G

Now then we have "rewXP" next. I'm sure you all knowwhat this column does. Go ahead and fill it in.

Now just use zeros throughout the rest of the columns. A follow-Up guide will be added soon to show what all of those are for.